🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 70 — The Sklarbro Rippers

We're kicking it Vermont style this week on Sklarbro Country! We've prepared a special post-Thanksgiving treat for you all with special guests Patton Oswalt and James Taylor. Patton uses appearance number three to tell us about his hot, smelly summer in New York, document the demise and revival of alternative comedy, and explain why The Texas Chain Saw Massacre deserved an Oscar in sound design. James Taylor shows off his "urban" side on his debut performance and clues us into what Monday Night Football listeners can look forward to. Plus we've been spying on The Iron Sheik's twitter account and in Ivan Calderon's fridge, so we have a nice fresh batch of takes for everyone. Treat your turkey hangover with Sklarbro Country!

Hey Sklars, love the show. Just an FYI the London Rippers are in London Ontario Canada not in England. Love the rant even though most of it was about as relevant as baseball in England.

I feel incredibly happy to have worked at Largo during that time (1999-2001) and to have met you all. Do you remember Patton's Richard Dawson? Those people paid five bucks (as you guys got as well) to hear Proops, Silverman, Garafalo, Griffen, Marin, Garlin and so many others. That was great times, man.
I gotta say, Patton has scored major success and he is so down to earth. Great show guys. Continued success. Michael

The promos for The Ripper include the phrase "Who will be "lurking" in Labatt Park?"...right, carrying a bloody bat...great campaign! Haha. Love JT great new addition, loading my ski boot as I type. Patton...I bow before the man, so funny and intelligent! The show is so great, no one can compete with the first 20 minutes when the two of you go to town.

Patton Oswalt is the MVP of Sklarbro Country. Solid episode, guys. I love Jason's interpretation of James Taylor.

James Taylor was an instant classic. Next time we need some music to go with the songs!!!

Great episode, but nothing made me laugh more than The New York Sons of Slams. Play ball!

I think when the Iron Sheik tweeted, "dont be the virgil" in his tweet about the NBA lockout, he is referring to wrestler Mike Jones, who used the name Virgil as his wrestling stage name. Virgil was The Million Dollar ManTed DiBiase's personal assistant. DiBiase would make Virgil give him foot massages and other demeaning tasks. Virgil eventually got tired of being humiliated by DiBiase and attacked DiBiase at the 1991 Royal Rumble. I think this equates to Sheikie referring to "you lose the money". Virgil lost the money by refusing services to the Million Dollar Man.

Patton is the greatest. I think it's pretty much implied at this point, but please have him back as often as possible. Loved how he talked about becoming intrigued by the world of sports and it's superheroes and villains through SBC as that is exactly what happened to me. And I could listen to Patton talk about comedy for hours. So great.

As has already been noted, y'all confused London, Ontario with London, England. Kind of takes a little bit of the ridiculousness away, but a hilarious story nonetheless. Interesting fact about this gaffe: in episode 6 with Jon Dore, Randy (I assume), makes a reference to London, Ontario. Sklar bros, y'all fact check as much as Hermain Caine's staff.

Jason Nash is the shit.

Patton is just... well, as awesome as he's always been, forever unimpeachable.

Sign in to follow this