🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 95 — Comic Books!

So, obviously Kulap Vilaysack is the best. You already knew that! Whether you know her from Childrens Hospital or her awesome Earwolf podcast Who Charted? you simply MUST adore her. Get ready for that love to multiply as she brings her infectious laughter and amazing stories to Totally Laime! Enjoy!

I remember my first pap smear. I doubt I'll ever forget it, and plan on not having one for a long long time. If I'm already lying to my doctor about smoking weed, I figure I might as well lie to keep him/her out of my vag.

Uh oh, I anticipate delight overload.

From our delight overlords. (I know this doesn't make any sense but I just misread my own first sentence and, y'know ... went there.)

There were so many fun moments in this episode! I loved the girly chats, and the fact that Andy was so eager to delve into them as well.

Wow, astrology and acupuncture in the same episode. Does living in California make people stupid?

i was watching a few minutes of jimmy fallon interviewing eddie murphy and decided that you are like the jimmy fallon of podcasting: really sincere and earnest and likeable and easy to root for but ultimately not especially quick witted or funny. i may continue to listen particularly if i like the guest as with kulap who is excellent company but really, to extend the metaphor, you are a far cry from becoming either the colbert or stewart of podcasting, not that you would ever suggest that was within your grasp.

in any case, i appreciate the effort (though you could put a little more into reconceptualizing the laime ass oprah segment) and wish you all the best.

I was right. So much delight.

This entire episode should be released in video on YouTube.

not that I'm going to be as rude about it as A Plonk, but I will confess that I skipped the rest of the episode when the astrology talk started. I hope it beings Elizabeth and Kulap much joy, but I consider it to be nonsense on a creationism/homeopathy level.

Oh well, I deeply enjoy the show usually, so I'll just skip over it. Nobody has to conform to my standards.

Astrology seems like bollocks to me too, but, being stout of heart and possessed of a Sir Edmund Hillary-esque tenacity, I powered through and it was totally, Totally worth it.

This 'cast definitely had its high points, but I'm forced to just admit it: I just don't think this show is funny. It's not going to make it into my rotation. Sorry guys :|

LOL, what the hell is with the sudden hatemail explosion? I mean, really Chris, what possible value could that comment have? Do you email tv producers to say "hey, I don't watch this show!"?
Anyway, I also in no way believe in astrology, but this is Totes LA, not Professor Blastoff. It was still just a fun podcast episode with like 4 minutes of astrology content and several handfuls of LA industry dirt (and a little Aukerlap e-true hollywood story).
You guys definitely need to get on Who Charted some time - Andy might be one of the few guests to actually like (or just not hate?) a Billboard Top 40.

Astrology isn't an "LA" thing, I think Elizabeth has an interest in it, and it's her show, so of course she will mention it.

Barely related: is it bad that I actually kind of thought the term was "pap shmear?"
Maybe that's only the Jewish version.

I knew getting Kulap together with Elizabeth was going to be hot. All that frank femininity is like lesbian soft-core for the ears.

While lying to your doctor about weed isn't that big of a deal, please don't lie to your doctor to avoid a pap smear. I realize they're very uncomfortable, but it's much better than going through a colposcopy procedure or getting cervical cancer.

Ask around and find a doctor that makes it the least unpleasant. You know, one thoughtful enough to use metal specula that don't feel as though they've been left in the freezer overnight. It's never going to be enjoyable (with the possible exception if Richard Gere is your doctor in a crap movie). However, it's much, much better than the alternative.

Yes, i'm a male, why do you ask?

Ew, I'd never let Richard Gere anywhere near my vagina. He looks like a possum.

Kulap read's Neil Gaiman's Sandman... Scott you lucky bastard. This episode had me in stitches, Andy holds his own in this sea of estrogen.

Sign in to follow this