🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RC

Head

The Monkees' 1968 movie with no plot, weird vignettes and a great soundtrack. Co-written by Jack Nicholson.

That's kind of true. They documented it pretty well on their Behind the Music. The writing process of the movie essentially involved them in a room with Jack Nicholson, with all of them pitching ideas for what they'd like to do in a movie, then stringing it all together. It is bizarre, and it is a mess.

What's wrong with you - that's a great movie! It's got everything I want to see in a film - Jack Nicholson cameos, Dolenz beating up a coke machine in the desert, incredible music numbers, Terri Garr in a bikini. I could go on.

@Andrew

I agree with you. I actually like the movie now but didn't know what to make of it upon first viewing.

Still, you have to ask yourself, how did this get made? Can you imagine what the studio execs thought when the idea was pitched to them? How on earth did it get the green light?

It was very strange and poorly marketed and ended up flopping at the box office. Only now is it considered a cult favourite.

Sign in to follow this