🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Sandstormspike

From Paris with Love (2010)

This movie really needs to be talked about. From Travolta being Travolta to Jonathan Rhys Meyers carrying around a vase of cocaine for half the movie, there is plenty to be discussed with this film.

Holy moly...I just read that Travolta essentially does this role in blackface...or something. Not 'full retard' but virtual blackface...I have to admit the above mentioned 'Tiptoes' looks like a hot mess of "WTF?!" but maybe, eventually, you can get around to "...Paris...". So many bad movies.

Parts of it were non-sensical, much of it ridiculous. Big budget, star cast. Seems like a good candidate.

I watched this thing last night, and oh boy.... what a movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BetZEMxbJJk

French trailer, so all the cursing is in tact. I feel that is the only way to truly deliver part of this movie's message. The other part of this movie's message is that John Travolta really is truly an honest-to-goodness badass.

Oh and that story and characters don't matter as long as you recognize that John Travolta is a tried and true badass.

• Like 1

This movie turns my stomach. You're right, they just sledgehammer the fact that Travolta is an undisputed badass. Ole' T-volt gets rolled up on by 4 or 5 guys & guess who wins...surprise, surprise.

Then there is the bullet to the head bluff call, of a woman nonetheless. T-volt just blows some girl's head away on a complete lark...movie's crazy.

Then there is the bullet to the head bluff call, of a woman nonetheless. T-volt just blows some girl's head away on a complete lark...movie's crazy.

Dude, that is the CRAZIEST scene in this movie! Like, he just blasts a hole in that girls head from out of nowhere, I had to pause the video for a second just to take in the random turn that scene took.

well that, and the sous chefs at the chinese restaurant that were all so eager to get into a gun brawl.... and Travolta shooting the restaurant ceiling and it starts raining cocaine for hours... and then Meyers walking all over the city of Paris with a vase full of coke....

I was kinda bored.. the action wasn't near crazy enough.. and the twist leading up to the finale was way too obvious.. i agree Travolta's execution without any real evidence was shockingly explosive and i like that it wasn't explicit she was in on it. Otherwise it was attempting a roller-coaster ride of violence with silly characters, for an R rated Luc Besson flick it seemed tame.

I watched this last night. Totally HDTGM-worthy.

well that, and the sous chefs at the chinese restaurant that were all so eager to get into a gun brawl.... and Travolta shooting the restaurant ceiling and it starts raining cocaine for hours... and then Meyers walking all over the city of Paris with a vase full of coke....

This.

They had the cocaine just sitting up in the attic in a gigantic pile?

• This was a weird one. I think they wanted to show this guy was unpredictable, but it felt like the writers said "what's the most awful thing Travolta can do in this scene and then try to figure out why he would do this afterward." It really felt like it was trying way to hard to make a crazy fun character and just made an unlikable sociopath.

I just like how JRM was yelling the whole time. The entire film is just him screaming. I kept seeing The Tudors in my head and him shouting " I'M THE KING OF ENGLAND!" over and over.

Shall we remember that the big selling point in the trailer was a Royale With Cheese joke.

I was just thinking about how crazy this movie was, so I wanted to give this thread a bump

Just watched this gem. Great terrible movie. It's basically non-stop action. It's got Travolta, it's got some other guy, it's co-written by Luc Besson. It takes place in Paris. Travolta is totally bald complete with goatee and gaged hoop earring. I know you guys got a lot of movies on the queue, but it's worth taking a gander.

I remember being legitimately shocked when seeing Travolta gun down the girlfriends bff at dinner with no prior warning and became such a great meme.

the-pen-is-mightier-than-the-sword-you-know-I-disagree.jpg

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this