🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Skeevins

Ewoks: The Battle For Endor (1985)

Star Wars is always ripe for ridicule. Sadly, everybody's already knocked the hell out of Episode I. But they're missing one of the best/worst entries into the canon. The Ewok movies. First there was Caravan of Courage, and then there was the Wilford Brimley classic, "Battle for Endor." Wilford Brmley becomes Ewok Moses and sets them free from their evil captors. It's great. There's a dragon an an albino Sonic the Hedgehog. Wilford gets into some heavy staff fighting. Excellent.

• Like 1

Loved both of these films growing up, but I was a sucker for all things SW. The DnDesqe fantasy in Caravan of Courage was fun too, had the warrior, a priest and even a magic pebble! But yeah, not the best of movies...

• Like 1

"Battle for Endor" features a heartbreaking cameo by the Principal Vernon from "The Breakfast Club."

Is that in the opening slaughterfest?

Speaking of that, I LOVE when you see characters go through hell in a movie, you see them fight so hard to accomplish their goals or save the day or whatever, just to have them killed off in the opening of the next movie like they're extras. Having grown up on "Iron Eagle", "Iron Eagle 2" was the biggest offender to me personally. See also: Most horror sequels.

• Like 1

Or Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. You were too beautiful for this world, Johnny Cage.

• Like 1

Wild Conjecture: Wilford Brimley will star in all the upcoming Star Wars spin-offs.

Ahh, now I could get behind this. It is a terrible movie filled with terrible acting. I have to assume the same person that hired Art Carney for the Star Wars Holiday Special was behind casting Wilford Brimley in this.

it's a breath taking adventure!

I remember seeing this as a kid, but I don't remember enjoying it. I would pay to have carrie fisher shock therapy to have this removed from memory.

I don't know where anyone would even see that. even if they did a show.

it's a breath taking adventure!

I remember seeing this as a kid, but I don't remember enjoying it. I would pay to have carrie fisher shock therapy to have this removed from memory.

I don't know where anyone would even see that. even if they did a show.

I just looked for it on amazon. Holy crap, my DVD version is going for $130! Thank you, J.J. Abrams!

(PS, will donate movie if requested)

well, don't get too excited they sell ipad first 1st generation for 500 dollars. Not that it's really worth that. just that a lot of con-artists sell old junk on amazon hoping some poor sucker doesn't do the math in us dollars first.

well, don't get too excited they sell ipad first 1st generation for 500 dollars. Not that it's really worth that. just that a lot of con-artists sell old junk on amazon hoping some poor sucker doesn't do the math in us dollars first.

Do you remember when "Tron" was going for ridiculous prices around the time that the sequel was coming out, because the DVD had been out of print or something? Yeah, if you were scrambling to get that and paid those astronomical prices when you just KNEW Disney would have to re-release the thing (and put it on Blu-Ray) when "Legacy" hit home video, there's no way around it, you were a fucking idiot. That said, I was able to cash in pretty nicely last summer when I E-Bayed off my David Hasselhoff "Nick Fury" DVD around the time that "Avengers" was out.

This was a big part of my childhood, along with the other movie. Please do this! Also, it's a forest moon of Endor, not Endor itself trailer voiceover guy!

I say do it. The one on the Holiday Special is what got me into this podcast in the first place. Draw in more Star Wars fans!

Hard to know which would be the more enjoyable movie for them to watch in honor of the late great Wilford Brimley, between this, Hard Target, and Cocoon there are plenty of solid options. 

• Like 1