🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
wmbozarth

Ladyhawke

Matthew Broderick, Rutger Hauer and Michelle Pfeiffer, out of sequence shots, curses, shape shifting, soundtrack by Alan Parsons.

• Like 2

Another classic of shlocky minimum effort 80's fantasy.. right up there with Krull and Beastmaster.

Krull is amazing-bad while Beastmaster is laugh-out-loud bad (Marc Singer & Tanya Roberts deserve lifetime achievement awards from the Razzies), but I think Ladyhawke is actually solid b-grade fantasy. All the key players are solid actors as well as charming, Michelle Pfiefer looks amazing, and John Wood makes for a particularly nasty antagonist. It's also beautifully shot.

I guess I'm the 80's fantasy defender tonight! ;)

Yeah, Ladyhawke is just... OK. I'm not a big fan, but it's not all that bad. But now I want Krull. That must have been suggested, right?

Oooh Krull, now I can get behind that one. I loved it as a kid but it is pure ridiculousness. Plus, it has a lot of good actors doing terrible things.

Jason has mentioned his love for Ladyhawk with Michelle Pfeifer and Rutger Hauer a number of times on the podcast.

They NEED to do this movie for the podcast!

• Like 1

He's mentioned loving it many times but eventually he mentioned realizing it was terrible when he watched it as an adult and was embarrassed about recommending it to people. So I'm not sure if that makes it more or less likely that they'll do it. I hope so.

I've seen this as a kid and as an adult (like two years ago), and I don't feel it's all that terrible. I wouldn't recommend it as a "great movie", but it's... it's not terrible, is it? I feel I need to rewatch. But hey, anything that has Rutger Hauer in it is automatically made better. Then you got Michelle Pfeiffer (if you like that sort of thing), and a very young Matthew Broderick. Not that I wouldn't like the gang doing this movie, but I'm not sure it's terrible enough. There are sooo many better recommendations on this board.

Sign in to follow this