🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Joe McGurl

Survivor Season 36: MEGATHREAD

Alriiiight, you guys ready to get to Season 36 of Survivor: Ghost Island? #TooScary

Survivor is back this coming Wednesday and that means it's time to start picking our fantasy teams! Once again this year teams may be picked before OR after the premiere. The catch being that if you pick a team after the episode airs, any points a castaway accumulates during the premiere will NOT count towards your final total whereas choosing your team beforehand will earn you full points. -- It's a high risk/reward game.

Last season, Charlie Murphy Brown made some #BigMoves to come away with a win in the final stretch of episodes and it's time to reclaim the title of Sole Survivor. Will the zombified remains of Marshall Mellow's back to back last place teams come to haunt the rest of us? Will your winner pick ghost into the background of every episode like FBI Joe from Koah Rong? It's about to get SPOOKY on this island folks.

As always, I will keep the leaderboard updated on the google doc and here in the thread.

Here is the link to the scoring sheet: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

And the spreadsheet where the scores are kept: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

I'll post the template to pick your squad in a seperate post below. Good luck, have fun and don't get too friggen scared (haha like from Hollywood Handbook show podcast goof around time)

PRE-PREMIERE PICK RESOURCES:

If you're looking to choose your team pre-premiere here is a link to a video of Probst assessing the cast that you can get some impressions from and draw conclusions based off personalities as well as a playlist with full in-depth castaway interviews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sZmCGZThYY

https://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivorOnCBS/playlists

And here is the official CBS page with interviews for every contestant and a Reddit link with a slew of pre game interviews and clips.

http://www.cbs.com/s...f-ghost-island/

https://www.reddit.c...6/pregame_links

• Like 3

Here is your form to pick your team!

Challenge Beast: Someone who will prove his or her challenge prowess.

The Strategist: Player who will show the greatest strategic aptitude.

The Black Widow AKA the Parvati Award: This is a female player who might be underrated or not so front-of-mind and can therefore strategically sneak and blindside her way to the top.

The Cutthroat: A player who will set out aiming to lie, cheat and steal their way to the million dollar prize no matter what it costs.

The Old Schooler/ Loyalist: A player who will play the less strategic "old school survivor" mindset or someone who will be unwavering in their loyalty to their alliance.

Under The Radar: Someone entering Survivor aiming to play an undetectable game.

Wildcard: A player who is completely unpredictable in the game

Bench Player: A bonus player you like or think will earn you points.

Final 3 Prediction: The 3 players who will make it to the final.

Winner Pick: The player who will win this season. *WINNER PICK MUST BE SOMEONE FROM YOUR FINAL 3*

• Like 2

ugh idk if i want to make real picks or just mess around, my true picks never do very well anyway

• Like 5

Here is Team Redemption coming in for the win !

Challenge Beast: Morgan

The Strategist: Brendan

The Black Widow AKA the Parvati Award: Stephanie J

The Cutthroat: Bradley

The Old Schooler/ Loyalist: Wendell

Under The Radar: Kellyn

Wildcard: Donathan

Bench Player: Jenna

Final 3 Prediction: Morgan, Kellyn, Wendell

Winner Pick: Morgan

Putting all my money on Morgan because idk, she reminds me of Kim Spradlin ?? Can't wait to be proved wrong about that.

• Like 4

Challenge Beast: Morgan

The Strategist: Kellyn

The Black Widow AKA the Parvati Award: Stephanie Gonzalez

The Cutthroat: Desiree

The Old Schooler/ Loyalist: Angela

Under The Radar: Libby

Wildcard: Laurel

Bench Player: Chelsea

Final 3 Prediction: Stephanie G, Desiree, Chelsea

Winner Pick: Stephanie G

i saw this season is ghost island and it made me think of my favorite reboot ghostbusters and i just knew the spirit of abby yates herself was guiding me to make these choices. if i lose, its because CBS hates women.

• Like 5

First time playing, I'm pretty excited about this.

Introducing: Team Chiba Hawks!

Challenge Beast: Angela Perkins

The Strategist: James Lim

The Black Widow AKA the Parvati Award: Chelsea Townsend

The Cutthroat: Bradley Kleihege

The Old Schooler/ Loyalist: Stephanie Johnson

Under The Radar: Jacob Derwin

Wildcard: Donathan Hurley

Bench Player: Desiree Afuye

Final 3 Prediction: Chris Noble,

Desiree Afuye,

Stephanie Johnson

Winner Pick: Stephanie Johnson

• Like 5

Super behind this week, will be watching on Saturday and then will have the spreadsheet all updated and such probably Sunday!

Challenge Beast: Brendan

The Strategist: Kellyn. Seems super sharp. Plus in her pre-game interview she said Keith Nale is her favorite player. CLEARLY SHE GETS IT. #NaleMale4Life

The Black Widow AKA the Parvati Award: Stephanie J. MAJOR Parvati vibes off of her.

The Cutthroat: Domenick. When in doubt, pick the construction worker.

The Old Schooler/ Loyalist: Morgan

Under The Radar: Chelsea.

Wildcard: Donathan. With a name like DONATHAN, you are the ultimate wildcard

Bench Player: Wendell

Final 3 Prediction: Laurel, Stephanie J, Wendel

Winner Pick: Wendell

• Like 5

"It's like best friends in a candy shop, you know (oh shit this is not even close to that phrase), picking out what kind of gummies, each other wants."

- Sebastian

• Like 4

i thought it was weird when this season's cast of survivor included a cartoon squirrel, but donathan is actually killing it

• Like 5

M9GCV3U.gif

wait did i say stephanie G? i meant stephanie J!

mFJLKnB.gif

jk my picks are just fucked thats all

• Like 6

big shout out to RNG for my list.

• Challenge Beast: Chris Noble
  • The Strategist: Brendan Shapiro
  • The Black Widow: Desiree Afuye
  • The Cutthroat: Stephanie Johnson
  • The Old Schooler/ Loyalist: Sebastian Noel
  • Under The Radar: Chelsea Townsend
  • Wildcard: Libby Vincek
  • Bench Player: Wendell Holland (my only non-RNG pick, simply because I like the name Wendell)
  • Final 3: Stephanie Johnson, James Lin, Domenick Abbate
  • Winner: Domenick Abbate

• Like 5

Challenge Beast: Wendell

The Strategist: Laurel

The Black Widow: Chelsea

The Cutthroat: Desiree

The Old Schooler/Loyalist: Brendan

Under The Radar: Libby

Wildcard: Sebastian

Bench Player: Morgan

Final 3 Prediction: Chelsea, Brendan, Wendell

Winner Pick: Chelsea

my team is still called the Calabasas Masterclasses, sponsored by lemon grass fed jazz molasses

• Like 4

Oh no! I missed the deadline. I have a new job where I can't hang out on these forums as much an this totally slipped my mind. As an unofficial thing can I have an all Donathan team? If I win i'll host a party for everyone at a local Red Lobster (airfare and lodging not included)

Edited by SaltPeanuts
  • Like 4

Oh no! I missed the deadline. I have a new job where I can't hang out on these forums as much an this totally slipped my mind. As an unofficial thing can I have an all Donathan team? If I win i'll host a party for everyone at a local Red Lobster (airfare and lodging not included)

Nice try Wiger. I will NOT be tricked into being on another episode of dough boys.

• Like 2

You can still make a team! You just won't get points for the first week!

Also, sorry that I'm behind with the scores from last week. My phone has shit the bed and it had all my notes on it for points and shit but I'm just going to rewatch last week and the new episode tonight or tomorrow and have everything up and on here for the weekend!

• Like 1

james has that classic "guy who will want to make small talk with you in public" posture

ETRSqyF.gif

• Like 6

james sat next to me on an airplane and he just started a dang 30 minute conversation about some business he was going to go analyze. i was not having it so i went into the airplane toilet and sat in there tampering with the smoke detector until the flight was over and when i came back to get my bag james was STILL THERE eating blue corn chips and yackin’ away

• Like 1

WEEK 2 LEADERBOARD

Team Joe - 127 points

Team Jay - 111 points

Team Ostrich - 109 points

Team CMB - 102 points

Team Mellow - 100 points

Team Greggy - 93 points

#LetChelseaSpeak

• Like 4

2000 miles away, back in the states will probly keep ya from poppin up on the radar.

RIP Derwin ya shoeless punk, thanks for bein my "under the radar" pick.

• Like 1

It was honestly as if he read our rules, and tried to give me every point he could before getting booted.

• Like 6

Jacob had 14 confessionals in brief but bright flame out which was 1 less than Natalie White, winner of Survivor Samoa.

• Like 5

im donating all my points to mellow, which i believe will put her comfortably in the lead

• Like 4

i've got a great feeling about my randomly selected team for this week and the week of april 9th specifically. MARK MY WORDS!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this