🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 44 — HijiNKS ENSUE

There seems to be a connection between podcasting and graphic design. There are so many amazing artists out there who make podcast art. Joel Watson from HijiNKS ENSUE has given us two popular show logos and he is here on The Wolf Den to tell us about his history in the graphic design/web comic history, share his advice formerchandising, and explain how you can work in the web comic industry and sustain your life. Inspiring message, nerdy or niche industry, economic advice, this it must be The Wolf Den!

Loved this. Funny story about the "ashamed to admit what you do in a casual conversation"...*Sigh.* Also, Ramen noodles are getting WAAYY too much press here. Jeff, what aren't you telling us?

By far one of the most sobering and encouraging episodes yet. Often people summarize the difficult times and strained financial circumstances of committing to dream job in a few sentences, and to hear Joel discuss his experience with such honesty and detail was amazing. I can't wait to read the essays about the experiment. More like this, please.

And Jeff, super excited to hear about your time at the Seth Godin workshop. You going to sneak in a few interviews while you're there?

Really, really great episode, I'm with Steve and Phil. It's always cool to hear stories of The Journey.

The only web comic I read is Penny Arcade (I couldn't help wondering if they're some of the despicable a**holes he was talking about - what a dirty tease) and I'd never heard of Joel's before this but I checked it out and hot damn, it's good. Now I read two web comics.

Also, I don't know if I've mentioned it on the Earwolf boards but I thought your chat with Caleb on Gentlemen's Club was a really good episode of that show too.

Sign in to follow this