🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 184.5 - Minisode 184.5

How could Paul have not connected Johnny Mnemonic to this episode?

Two overly familiar tropes appear in this movie early on: When Johnny shows up for his initial upload he is told "You're late!", and then when the Yakuza bad guy reports to his boss, he is told "You're late." I find this noteworthy for the staggering amount of times this happens in terrible movies, and even mediocre ones.

Im looking forward to watching Book of Henry though

It's....uhhhhh...definitely a thing, all right.

I haven't seen this Adore movie yet, but the description sounds like Lonely Island's "Motherlover" song.

• Like 3

Im looking forward to watching Book of Henry though

I just watched that the other night, its on HBO Go. I gotta say... its largely boring in an unrealistic, ham fisted "Jack Frost" kind of way until about an hour and 10 mins in, then it gets CRAZY. It seems like Colin Trevorrow is in director jail as a result, but I'm not really sure that's fair for him given what he had to work with script wise.

The one real problem I had with this movie (and maybe this makes me racist) is I couldn't tell any of the white people apart. I would be watching a scene between two of them and think "Oh mom and son are having a moment", and then they'd start banging and be like "Oh! They aren't mom and son at all!". I always forgot who was whose kid. Which I guess doesn't really matter since they all seem to live together and hang around one another 24/7 anyway. And after that crazy two year time jump there is no way you're convincing me there wasn't any 4 way gang bangs going on at that beach house during that time. Naomi Watts and Robin Wright try their damndest to sell it, but the two dudes.... especially with the hokey setup in the first act.

If the title card came up and instead of saying "Adore" it said "Cinemax presents Taboo Fantasies 5", i would have thought nothing of it.

• Like 2

It seems like Colin Trevorrow is in director jail as a result, but I'm not really sure that's fair for him given what he had to work with script wise.

It's only marginally worse than Safety Not Guaranteed, and that got him a Jurassic Park movie...

I have a sneaky suspicion this is gonna be like Across the Universe and I'm gonna be the one person to love a movie everyone else hates...

i love Across the Universe. It's like a movie made of nothing but music videos and is some how oddly soothing. I also have a huge crush on Even Rachel Wood so there's that.

• Like 2

It's only marginally worse than Safety Not Guaranteed, and that got him a Jurassic Park movie...

I actually kinda liked Safety Not Guaranteed. But that's probably because he filmed in my old neighborhood (Maple Leaf, Seattle).

I wish this movie had been about the mothers being in love with each other and exploring their long-held feelings after they find out their sons are in a relationship.

• Like 1

i love Across the Universe. It's like a movie made of nothing but music videos and is some how oddly soothing. I also have a huge crush on Even Rachel Wood so there's that.

giphy-downsized.gif

• Like 3

Unrelated question time!

So just release here in Japan are the movies Boss Baby and Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. I know Valerian was covered in the Pee-Cast Blast episode and Boss Baby is all kinds of weird. However, I know a lot of you have seen these movies as well. Are they worth spending the time and money to see in theaters or if I've waited this long should I just keep waiting until home video?

• Like 1

Unrelated question time!

So just release here in Japan are the movies Boss Baby and Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. I know Valerian was covered in the Pee-Cast Blast episode and Boss Baby is all kinds of weird. However, I know a lot of you have seen these movies as well. Are they worth spending the time and money to see in theaters or if I've waited this long should I just keep waiting until home video?

Definitely don't watch Boss Baby in the theater. Maybe don't watch Boss Baby at all. Valerian...eh, might be alright in the theater.

• Like 3

Definitely don't watch Boss Baby in the theater. Maybe don't watch Boss Baby at all. Valerian...eh, might be alright in the theater.

But I want to know if he's a baby that's a boss or a boss of all the babies. I need to know!

• Like 5

But only if you like video game cutscenes interspersed with endless sexual harassment. If so, Valerian will be your jam.

• Like 3

But only if you like video game cutscenes interspersed with endless sexual harassment. If so, Valerian will be your jam.

It’s like you don’t know cambert at all?

• Like 4

It’s like you don’t know cambert at all?

I GUESS NOT.

I have been gone for a bit. He's still a soft cheese, right?

• Like 4

Unrelated question time!

I feel like it depends. Is this a date, are you going with friends, or are you flying solo?

I would take a date to see Boss Baby. It's cute and an Oscar caliber movie. I would go with friends to see Valerian because it's dumb and there's a lot of pew-pew gunfights. If you're going solo, I would just stay in and watch Monster Trucks again. ;)

But I want to know if he's a baby that's a boss or a boss of all the babies. I need to know!

It's been awhile, but I believe he is part of a heavenly bureaucracy who - because of a wacky mix-up - ends up going to Earth by mistake. I believe he starts off as Middle Management Baby and works his way up by the end. I won't tell you if he gives that up in the end to be with the brother he never knew he wanted, though. You'll have to discover that for yourself.

• Like 2

Unrelated question time!

You don't need to watch Boss Baby at all. It's better than I thought it would be but still not particularly good.

Valerian is at least an interesting failure. Visually, its at least interesting enough to warrant seeing and maybe in a theatre.

• Like 1

I feel like it depends. Is this a date, are you going with friends, or are you flying solo?

I would take a date to see Boss Baby. It's cute and an Oscar caliber movie. I would go with friends to see Valerian because it's dumb and there's a lot of pew-pew gunfights. If you're going solo, I would just stay in and watch Monster Trucks again. ;)

At this point it is wide open.

That does remind me, I just saw that Monster Trucks is on Amazon Prime here now! Maybe this weekend...

• Like 2

At this point it is wide open.

That does remind me, I just saw that Monster Trucks is on Amazon Prime here now! Maybe this weekend...

Monster Trucks is, without question, better than Boss Baby.

• Like 2

My mind cannot separate Boss Baby from the actual Boss Baby who is the current president of the United States.

I would absolutely rather have a newborn voiced by Alec Baldwin running this country.

• Like 6

Sign in to follow this