🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I feel like it's obvious, You Talkin' Crowded in my House? It's a consistent reference between Scott and Scott. Natural guests include Claudia O'Doherty (and Reg Mombasa?), Colin Hay, Ben Lee, ...Neil Finn I guess?

Just Blue Turtlin'

U Talkin' Talk Talk?
U Talkin' Boyz II Men?
U Talkin' Tony! Toni! Toné! Tome?
U Talkin' Marisa Tomei?

Both Depeche Mode and the B-52's had pop but experimental musical success throughout the  80's & 90' . Scott and Scott seem to like that shit. I know I cause I like that shit

Part of the fun was hearing Scotty Auk's reactions to listening to some R.E.M. albums for the first time. Then again it helps if at least one of the boys is passionate about the group. Based on my own preferences, might I suggest:

Are you jawin' Elton John to me?

Are you querying Queen at me?

Are you talking Duran Duran during my podcast? (feel like Scott A. has mentioned them a few times...)

Are you scissoring my sister? (Scissor Sisters - short series, only 4 albums)

Glad I could get those off my chest. I'm sure the guys check this forum all the time for more ideas.

Prince would be so excellent. Such a long career with such a deep catalog. 1st LP "For You" sounds inexplicably like Yellow Magic Orchestra. 3 years later he puts out "Dirty Mind" featuring a 1.5 min punky new wave song portraying incest as "hot." HAVE NOT EVEN GOTTEN TO PURPLE RAIN. Also more humor than you'd expect given his image. "I'm the Bone Ranger?" That's funny!

The Talking Heads series was super great! I had an awesome time listening. Would love to hear about David Bowie next!

Thanks for making the content Scott and Scott!