🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 185 - Adore

We don't really know what Australian culture is like though. We also don't really know how he was raised. If he was convinced that's what he was supposed to do then he kept that up. Also, I know people still after 2013 that got pregnant and boom they're suddenly engaged. One couple fell apart before the wedding even happened and the other are still together. I feel like with every marriage it's really the luck of the draw.

I guess MAYBE Australian culture is different, though in my experience with Australians it seems like they are no less permissive or free-thinking than Americans. Probably even more so, really.

Like with actual shotguns?

Yep! My cousin and her husband are both duck hunters so they wanted a photo of themselves with their guns in their wedding get ups and my uncle was like "I HAVE AN IDEA!"

Like Fister said, real Texas shit.

• Like 3

We don't really know what Australian culture is like though. We also don't really know how he was raised. If he was convinced that's what he was supposed to do then he kept that up. Also, I know people still after 2013 that got pregnant and boom they're suddenly engaged. One couple fell apart before the wedding even happened and the other are still together. I feel like with every marriage it's really the luck of the draw.

I agree with everything you're saying here, Taylor. ;)

You know it could be because he lost his father at a young age and he didn't want to put another child through that. He seems to be an almost overprotective father. And despite his dissatisfaction with his wife, he doesn't cheat on her. His downfall was simply not predicting the emotional breakdown he would suffer after discovering his friend and mother had carried on their affair. And, I mean, how could he?

• Like 1

Yep! My cousin and her husband are both duck hunters so they wanted a photo of themselves with their guns in their wedding get ups and my uncle was like "I HAVE AN IDEA!"

Like Fister said, real Texas shit.

But they brought their shotguns to the wedding?

Did any part of the "wedding get up" involve camo?

• Like 3

I guess MAYBE Australian culture is different, though in my experience with Australians it seems like they are no less permissive or free-thinking than Americans. Probably even more so, really.

I don't disagree with you there! I'm just saying that there are also little things that can differ from country to country that can really throw us all for a loop. But even if that part was exactly the same the fact that there are American couples still getting married because of a pregnancy in 2018 then there is a chance that happens in Australia as well.

• Like 1

But they brought their shotguns to the wedding?

Did any part of the "wedding get up" involve camo?

The wedding was at a hunting lodge so I would've been more surprised to see that they hadn't brought their guns to the wedding. No camo involved with the wedding but their guns were camo if that counts lol.

• Like 3

I don't disagree with you there! I'm just saying that there are also little things that can differ from country to country that can really throw us all for a loop. But even if that part was exactly the same the fact that there are American couples still getting married because of a pregnancy in 2018 then there is a chance that happens in Australia as well.

True, though I imagine they usually aren't upper-class people with beach houses.

True, though I imagine they usually aren't upper-class people with beach houses.

Who wouldn't want to stay married if there was a beach house involved?

• Like 2

What's a little motherloving on the side, if you get to stay in that beach house?

But who wants babies when you’re rich? *Barf*

• Like 2

But who wants babies when you’re rich ever? *Barf*

FTFY my dear father-of-two friend.

• Like 2

FTFY my dear father-of-two friend.

No, no - kids are great. I am blessed for every single precious second I get to share with them. I’m just saying, if I had to make a choice between a killer beach house in New South Wales (and all the money that goes with that) and my boys...I might need a minute

to gather all their shit and kick them to the curb.

source.gif

Kids are for plebs, amiright?.

• Like 3

snapback.pngjoel_rosenbaum, on 04 April 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

Looks like Danny from Bloodline to meL:

bloodline-season-2.jpg?w=620&h=406&crop=1

I know at least 4 women with this exact look down to what I can only assume is a Newport Light though their hairdo's are a bit more crunchy and poofy.

• Like 3

But who wants babies when you’re rich? *Barf*

I never ever want children

i just want to be that weird old rich lady with a bunch of cats in the ramshackle mansion the neighborhood kids think is a witch.

• Like 2

No, no - kids are great. I am blessed for every single precious second I get to share with them. I’m just saying, if I had to make a choice between a killer beach house in New South Wales (and all the money that goes with that) and my boys...I might need a minute

to gather all their shit and kick them to the curb.

source.gif

Kids are for plebs, amiright?.

I love my friends children dearly and would take a but given sufficient funds (and sadly its smaller than I would like to admit) I would punt them all like footballs if given a chance. Granted I have a feeling so would their parents. Kids are great but my god are they assholes sometimes. I feel like I owe every adult who I every encountered before the age of 19 an apology

• Like 1

sh7feHh.jpg

It is very upsetting.

That bear is very very stoned.

It's Jason when he had that weed butter

• Like 1

Sounds like some real Texas shit

You'd be surprised.White Trash knows no state lines. It wouldn't be out of place here in Michigan either. Though here they would wear all camo and maybe have like a dead deer in the photo or something.

• Like 1

White Trash knows no state lines.

I mean this is my family so I wouldn't go as far as saying they're white trash but they definitely have their faults that I side-eye heavily lmao.

• Like 2

On a F&F related note - the feud between Dwayne and Vin has gone as far as the possibility of Hobbs not returning to the 9th and 10th installment.

Articles here and here

• Like 4

On a F&F related note - the feud between Dwayne and Vin has gone as far as the possibility of Hobbs not returning to the 9th and 10th installment.

Articles here and here

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Vin, please just grow up and be an adult for the few months it takes to make a movie.

• Like 1

Hi, strangers!

Okay, so I haven't heard the episode, watched the film, or read the whole thread, so I think I am excellently placed to make a broad and sweeping generalization here! Tom told me about the this Australian post so I thought I'd blunder in and shoot some things off for the first time in 6 months.

As an Australian, I can very confidently assert that even though the Aussies you see on TV or meet in Europe backpacking around the place are hot messes of hedonism, it is a VERY conservative place at its core. Speaking as an Aussie who got married at 22 (really), traditional marriage values are, for the most part, adhered to. I don't want to completely draw a conclusion, but I can happily attest that yes, such a marriage is exactly in line with Australian culture. If you want to see REAL Australian conservatism, take a look into the immigration debate! (but really, don't do that)

CakeBug out!

• Like 7

I have some vague memory of there being a wave of independent films featuring couples with a huge age difference that peaked around 2007 that this would have been just a touch late to. It was like the industry said “Gay couples aren’t shocking and edgy anymore; how can we keep this trend going instead of actually coming up with something original?”

Anyone else remember this trend, or am I just remembering a handful of ads/news items for films I didn’t see and just assuming a trend?