🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 185.5 - Minisode 185.5

Bad roommates, dry cigarettes, a lesson in Latin, and more on this week’s minisode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Adore, shares a must watch during Paul’s Pick of the Week, and the Movie Bitches review Black Panther. Plus, important info on next week’s movie!

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

You can see Jason, June, and Paul in The Disaster Artist.

Paul’s new comedy Drive Share is available on Go90. Paul can be seen on A Futile and Stupid Gesture, Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later, Opening Night, and Veep. You can see June and Paul on NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU. June stars in Blockers, Grace and Frankie on Netflix, as well as Lady Dynamite alongside with Jason.

Jason can be seen in The Good Place, The House, The Lego Batman Movie, How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People, and is still indeed in The Dictator.

i got very excited when paul started to describe next weeks movie ... i forgot they announced geostorm a while back and for a few seconds thought taylor was finally after getting her the day after tomorrow episode ... maybe next time

and did paul say john cena is a possible future guest???? mini game ... which movie should they cover with him??

• Like 3

i got very excited when paul started to describe next weeks movie ... i forgot they announced geostorm a while back and for a few seconds thought taylor was finally after getting her the day after tomorrow episode ... maybe next time

and did paul say john cena is a possible future guest???? mini game ... which movie should they cover with him??

Ready To Rumble, considering he's in it.

John Cena got me pretty excited. I get why wrestling smarks may dislike him but I feel like people don't appreciate him enough. I'd love to hear Cena defend The Marine which is HDTGM on its own but I can't imagine Cena would nite the hand that feeds him that much.

And speaking of people not appreciated enough: RIP Isao Takahata

• Like 2

One of these days, firsttime, one of these days.

• Like 3

John Cena got me pretty excited. I get why wrestling smarks may dislike him but I feel like people don't appreciate him enough. I'd love to hear Cena defend The Marine which is HDTGM on its own but I can't imagine Cena would nite the hand that feeds him that much.

That's why Ready To Rumble is perfect for a Cena episode.

1) Cena makes a "before he was famous" appearance

2) It's just a pile of shit of a movie

3) It's a WCW produced movie, so not only would he not bite the hand that feeds him, WWE will just promote the episode under the guise of "Hey, you think OUR movies suck... which they don't, I mean, Condemned 2? Fucking great. I mean, hey, WCW made a movie, and it REALLY sucked, hear John Cena talk shit about it... by the way, WCW sucked"

4) I can just go "Rockstar" crazy with corrections and omissions, only for someone to call in 619-PAULSASS and just do my C&Os almost word for word.

• Like 1

I am oddly really excited for GEOSTORM. I haven't seen it but I have seen you guys talking about it in the recs thread since it came out. I ALMOST watched it on a plane last weekend but watched JUSTICE LEAGUE instead. (Everytime Diana wasn't on screen, I was enraged basically.)

I will watch and take some nerd notes this weekend maybe. Butler should've listened about following Allison Janney around. He'd be in I TONYA.

Also for once I agree with the Movie Bitches thr ONLY problem with BLACK PANTHER is not enough Angela Bassett. She is in such good shape (best arms in Hollywood) and I wanted her to smack someone around.

• Like 4

I am oddly really excited for GEOSTORM.

Same! Gerard Butler always delvers the HDTGM goods.

I'm taking my mother to see Grave of the Fireflies this summer during Ghibli Fest, as well as two others I think she'll enjoy. This will be her first time seeing an animated movie that isn't from Disney or Pixar, so we're both pretty excited, incoming emotional devastation aside.

• Like 3

Watching this now and one of my first nerd notes is, "Oh no we need to save Ed Harris' career. Why is he in this?"

ETA: I am glad I watched this one. Is it wrong I was hoping the daughter would die though? Does that make me a horrible person?

• Like 3

That's why Ready To Rumble is perfect for a Cena episode.

1) Cena makes a "before he was famous" appearance

2) It's just a pile of shit of a movie

3) It's a WCW produced movie, so not only would he not bite the hand that feeds him, WWE will just promote the episode under the guise of "Hey, you think OUR movies suck... which they don't, I mean, Condemned 2? Fucking great. I mean, hey, WCW made a movie, and it REALLY sucked, hear John Cena talk shit about it... by the way, WCW sucked"

4) I can just go "Rockstar" crazy with corrections and omissions, only for someone to call in 619-PAULSASS and just do my C&Os almost word for word.

FUCKING YES, I would love to hear Cena talk about this film because of the insight he could provide for the industry annd the fact that he's one of those people who is surprisingly funny that most people wouldn't expect, especially as a kid-friendly babyface that he's portrayed for the past 15 years.

Watching this now and one of my first nerd notes is, "Oh no we need to save Ed Harris' career. Why is he in this?"

ETA: I am glad I watched this one. Is it wrong I was hoping the daughter would die though? Does that make me a horrible person?

Yeah the kid was very much a Dean Devlin annoying kid character and I wouldn't have minded her getting hit by a giant piece of hail. I myself was hoping that it was actually Gerard Butler behind the hacking, since it would make sense with how he was removed from his position and he was the most knowledgeable on the Dutch Boy system. As for Ed Harris, this is clearly a Gene Hackman role. Hackman was known for saying he would take roles in mediocre or bad movies because he could use the check to buy new art for his home. We just need to know what Harris is buying with this check and I also assume that the line, "you get to shoot a rocket launcher" was used to sell him on the role.

• Like 3

We just need to know what Harris is buying with this check and I also assume that the line, "you get to shoot a rocket launcher" was used to sell him on the role.

I don't think he actually gets to shoot the rocket launcher, though.

I really hope Ed Harris got paid a lot for this movie.

• Like 3

I really hope Ed Harris got paid a lot for this movie.

I would like some kind of assurance that he did. Possibly a photo of him by a boat with a thumbs up or something.

• Like 3

The budget for this was estimated to be $120 mil as per IMDB so let's hope Ed got no less than $20 mil of that.

• Like 2

The budget for this was estimated to be $120 mil as per IMDB so let's hope Ed got no less than $20 mil of that.

WHAT? The effects look like garbage! I mean there was a part where they were driving in lightning that looked like Sharknado.

I wonder if Dutch Boy paint at all paid for the product placement because that was all I could think about. When they explained it was a "Silver Skates" reference I was like "that's a reach, this is product placement!"

• Like 2

WHAT? The effects look like garbage! I mean there was a part where they were driving in lightning that looked like Sharknado.

I genuinely think the majority of the budget was for the cast because I would also have to be paid millions in order to sign on to something as stupid as this.

• Like 1

TIME TO GEOSTORM

• Like 1

TIME TO GEOSTORM

Just be warned . . . the movie is a little bit of a tease on the Geostorm.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

I genuinely think the majority of the budget was for the cast because I would also have to be paid millions in order to sign on to something as stupid as this.

I would think that but none of the stars are really the kind that can demand 10+ million per movie. Butler maybe would get 8-9 million as the big name, while Ed Harris and Andy Garcia would maybe get a couple million under that. Everyone else are "oh I think I've seen that person somewhere" actors so they aren't commanding huge checks. This is all Dean Devlin trying to make another Day After Tomorrow but trying to skimp on quality for a hopeful tax write-off when it would tank. I assume this is this is the mindset he and Roland Emmerich have:

Watched Geostorm last night and had some notes I wanted to share:

1) In the scene where (I don't know any of the character's names btw) the main character's brother and his hacker friend are in his maybe fiance's house and the fiance walks in to find the hacker messing around in her kitchen, you can see a book on the fiance's shelf that says "Secret Agent"

2) When the space station is in the process of self-destructing and they're covering it on the news, why is the main character's daughter sitting there watching the news with her mom? If my ex-husband and father of my daughter's death was being covered live on the news I might remove her from that situation, but that's just me.

3) So the whole space station blew up in a fantastic explosion but the escape pod remains totally unscathed?

• Like 3

I actually just got to the minisode and Paul I take being the "most socially minded member" as a huge compliment, thank you!

• Like 6

Well I would like to start a gofundme for Ed Harris then. I also think Andy Garcia (as always! I never say no to Garcia), Zazie Beetz and Abby Cornish did fine work.

I usually like Robert Sheehan but found him meh. He left MISFITS to do shit like this?

• Like 2

Well I would like to start a gofundme for Ed Harris then. I also think Andy Garcia (as always! I never say no to Garcia), Zazie Beetz and Abby Cornish did fine work.

I usually like Robert Sheehan but found him meh. He left MISFITS to do shit like this?

Sheehan is set to be in The Umbrella Academy on Netflix as The Seance, which is perfect casting for him, and I think Harris is doing fine as the go-to grizzled character actor. Garcia could probably use the gofundme since I don't think I've seen him in anything outside of this since Ghostbusters.

Okay we also need to start one for Bruce Willis, because if he's doing THIS now after the few years of straight-to-video he's been doing, I honestly won't be surprised if he's going to be in the final Sharknado.

Okay we also need to start one for Bruce Willis, because if he's doing THIS now after the few years of straight-to-video he's been doing, I honestly won't be surprised if he's going to be in the final Sharknado.

I feel like I haven't seen him since "Fast Food Nation", of which Willis was the only decent part.

Sign in to follow this