🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 540 - Low Five

Actor and longtime friend of the show Jon Hamm of Mad Men fame joins Scott to chat about his new film Beirut, breaking the internet, and his middle name. Then, Al A. Peterson aka The Smooth Criminal returns to talk about the number one reason why people use his services to fake their deaths. Later, park ranger Margery Kershaw stops by to tell us about being transferred from her beloved Pinnacles National Park. Plus, Pokemon trainer Dash Grabum arrives to talk about his journey to become a Pokemon monster.

I will never get tired of Scott never getting tired of hearing Al A. Peterson telling the story of Carlifer’s parents.

• Like 8

I will never get tired of Scott never getting tired of hearing Al A. Peterson telling the story of Carlifer’s parents.

plus i can't believe he forgot (until now) that her mom was cooking/burning three thick and thirsty bath towels for supper. seems like an important detail.

also, kudos to PFT for showing up in character

Canon-Canon-EOS-60D-5184x2912-001556-162x162.jpg

• Like 3

Jon Hamm still looks adoringly at PFT in every pic

Canon-Canon-EOS-60D-5184x2912-001554.jpg

last time Hamm was on:

IMG_0981.jpg

• Like 7

I was on the fence about this "Jon Hamm" character until he said, "I beg your pardon, I love a Charleston Chew." :wub:

P.S. I will be voting for this one at year end. I doubt anyone else cares, but this is a note to myself. Zack Reino getting Donny Drapes and PFT to talk about Pokemon for 30 minutes puts it over the top.

• Like 2

It feels like it's been a while, but the general template of "Scott walks a recurring character through the key points of their backstory" is one of the most reliable sources of laughs in the podcast world.

• Like 1

It feels like it's been a while, but the general template of "Scott walks a recurring character through the key points of their backstory" is one of the most reliable sources of laughs in the podcast world.

See also 'Tell us about the first time you heard of U2.'

• Like 1

The "Blue Jasmine" reference warmed my bones to the core.

• Like 2

It bugged me that they didn't realise that when Al informs the sniveling worm Carl that his daughter's name is a clumsy portmanteau, he wouldn't have been hairless and thus would have done so using his original voice. And that pathetic coward still thanked him for it.

• Like 1

URSARING IS NORMAL TYPE!!!

also you can totally get more than just 150 pokemon in kanto. electivire. magmortar. tangrowth. porygon-2 and porygon-z. rhyperior. maybe even magnezone, glaceon, and leafeon. no I can't believe what i'm saying either

PS great ep, surely gonna be one of the tops of the whole year.

I just heard something that reminded me of an extremely funny moment from this episode - Scott and Jon were talking about movies named after places in the Middle East, and one of them cited "Roman J. Israel, Esq.".

• Like 2