🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 37 Preview (Cameron H's 3rd Pick)

I was never a fan. I guess I can kind of appreciate his spreading rock music to racist white people. He had some good songs but meh overall. I can see his appeal but, to answer the Tarantino question, Elvis ranks a little above solo Ringo and below almost anything else Beatles related.

I saw Elvis And Nixon before we all found out Spacey was a child rapist. You're not missing much.

I disagree. I would put "It Don't Come Easy," "Photograph," and "Back off Boogaloo" over anything Elvis did.

Hell, I would put "La De Da" over most of Elvis' stuff.

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing the Graceland pics, Polly and Cinco. Graceland looks insane!

I guess I should have asked this earlier (or perhaps I should wait until Monday), but is anyone here, like a die hard Elvis fan or anything? Personally, I appreciate his role in Rock history, but I'm not a huge fan or anything. He's strictly a "Greatest Hits" artist for me.

Also, for anyone interested in some extracurricular, HBO just premiered the documentary Elvis: The Searcher. I was going to put it on today but I was like, "Ugh, 3 Hours..." I'll definitely watch it at some point this week, though.

On a somewhat related note, I also almost watched Elvis and Nixon but I was like "Ugh, Kevin Spacey..."

I'm not like an "Uncle Jesse" levels or anything

tumblr_nwtui6dFaB1td5ksno1_400.jpg

but I do have an Elvis thing.

I love the Beatles too though. I'm super complicated.

• Like 3

I disagree. I would put "It Don't Come Easy," "Photograph," and "Back off Boogaloo" over anything Elvis did.

Hell, I would put "La De Da" over most of Elvis' stuff.

That's not fair picking two songs written by George.

If we took Elvis' top 20 songs against Ringo's top 20, it would be tough choice in my mind. Most Elvis songs aren't good but most Ringo songs aren't great either. Almost every Ringo song that isn't a single (and isn't on the albums Ringo and Goodnight Vienna), it's pretty boring listening.

• Like 1

That's not fair picking two songs written by George.

It’s not like Elvis wrote his own songs :P

Anyway, I don’t hate Elvis. He probably has more “hits.” His songs are probably better, but I’d still rather listen to Ringo.

• Like 2

Me! I went in April of 2009. Below are links to my pictures and videos. I took the VIP tour (to cut down on the waiting time) and got to see a side exhibit of the deed and a couple other things. I also took an ill-adivsed selfie but oh well.

Photos

Your photos are great Cinco!

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing the Graceland pics, Polly and Cinco. Graceland looks insane!

I guess I should have asked this earlier (or perhaps I should wait until Monday), but is anyone here, like a die hard Elvis fan or anything? Personally, I appreciate his role in Rock history, but I'm not a huge fan or anything. He's strictly a "Greatest Hits" artist for me.

Also, for anyone interested in some extracurricular, HBO just premiered the documentary Elvis: The Searcher. I was going to put it on today but I was like, "Ugh, 3 Hours..." I'll definitely watch it at some point this week, though.

On a somewhat related note, I also almost watched Elvis and Nixon but I was like "Ugh, Kevin Spacey..."

I'm very much a Greatest Hits fan. Haven't really watched any documentaries or movie. My level of Elvis would probably be Bubba Ho-Tep. I went to Graceland because it was on the way as I moved from Texas to Delaware. A nice side trip with a bonus of eating at Dyer's, a place a friend had recommended.

• Like 3

Your photos are great Cinco!

Thanks! I need to start learning to rename them for the subject and not just in numerical order.

• Like 2

Enjoying it so far. Loving Angela Lansbury’s character. After all, nobody doesn’t like Sarah Lee!

Loved it! Great pick Cameron H. Will have lots to talk about.

• Like 2

I enjoy Elvis’ hits so I’d say I’m more of a casual fan. As for the Beatles, my dad was HUGE fan and it kinda killed them for me a bit.

• Like 6

Guys.

I'm literally on the first scene where the cop pulls the lady over and losing my mind. I have a feeling I'm in for a real doozy of a movie.

• Like 2

giphy.gif

Just finished watching.

This got a literal spit-take from me. Well done!

• Like 1