🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

LIFE ON THE LINE (2016)

Starring John Travolta, Kate Bosworth, Devon Sawa, Julie Benz, and Sharon Stone

PLOT: The film follows a crew of high-wire workers fixing the electric grid but eventually they are hit by a deadly storm and need to survive. (Actually it's like 'Armageddon', but instead of an asteroid hitting the Earth they need to get the electricity back on!)

Every movie cliche is in this movie. Every. Single. One. Parents killed in two separate accidents on the same night by John Travolta in the first five minutes? Yes! An evil electric company with a NASA control center? Yes! Sharon Stone as an abusive alcoholic mother? Yes! A needless subplot about a suicidal neighbor? Yes! A pregnant woman shot in the stomach? YES!!!

Streaming now on Amazon Prime

OFFICIAL MOVIE TRAILER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ6jd1D8JsY

MV5BMTUzNjc0NTU0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTE5NDgyMDI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,681,1000_AL_.jpg

Longtime HDTGM listener, first time poster. I stumbled across this movie last night and joined this forum today so I could post it here.

Life on the Line is UNBELIEVABLY bad.

You thought John Travolta's faux Texas accent was bad in Urban Cowboy? This one is ten times worse.

It's supposed to be set in Lubbock, Texas, but filmed in British Columbia, Canada. I'm from Texas. I've been to Lubbock. BC looks NOTHING like Lubbock. Not even close.

Pretty much everything relating to electricity in this movie is wrong.

Oh, and there's a character named Pok' Chop.

"LIFE ON THE LINE is a riveting action thriller and family drama centered on Beau (John Travolta), his beloved niece Bailey (Kate Bosworth) and the hardworking men who risk their lives to work 'on the line' and keep the electric grid running." - IMDB

Sign in to follow this