🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 186.5 - Minisode 186.5

source.gif

Besides, I’m pretty sure they inherited my previous copy. It might be funny though if I went in there and was like, “I regret donating this. May I see it. One last time...”

Does your public library have ebooks? I pretty much only check out books on my Kindle these days so I don't have to look someone in the eye and face their judgment for my reading habits.

• Like 7

Who could forget that rascal “Cameron H Pachycephalosaurus“ and how Mr. Scheer craftily didn’t even make an attempt? Cam Bert’s got read, though :)

Good memory! Yes Camargasaurus Bert got read but I think I was still a relatively new contributor in Paul's mind and the joke was missed.

• Like 2

Good memory! Yes Camargasaurus Bert got read but I think I was still a relatively new contributor in Paul's mind and the joke was missed.

First of all, of course I remember! I'm like the goddamn forum historian. AMA

I think you're right. At least, I remember him not really sounding like he recognized it was you. No, apparently Paul only thinks we play racist pranks with our usernames :P

Although, I just want to say: Thanks, Chunk! I'm not going to lie. After the whole Bratz debacle, I'm so happy that something finally happened to take the whole "segregationist" thing off my shoulders. I happily pass that particular torch to you!

tenor.gif?itemid=4061847

• Like 6

First of all, of course I remember! I'm like the goddamn forum historian. AMA

I think you're right. At least, I remember him not really sounding like he recognized it was you. No, apparently Paul only thinks we play racist pranks with our usernames :P

Although, I just want to say: Thanks, Chunk! I'm not going to lie. After the whole Bratz debacle, I'm so happy that something finally happened to take the whole "segregationist" thing off my shoulders. I happily pass that particular torch to you!

Fingers crossed I'll be able to pass the torch to someone that comes in with a hot take about what they were really fighting for at the Battle of Honey Hill.

• Like 3

Can I introduce you to a dear friend of mine - the public library? :P

Thanks, the library is a friend to all, except those who shit in our chairs.

source.gif

f767a5d9ac2831df17102545b22c74d8.jpg

Does your public library have ebooks? I pretty much only check out books on my Kindle these days so I don't have to look someone in the eye and face their judgment for my reading habits.

We never judge checkouts unless it's something really shitty like Dean Koontz's recent books, those suck ass.

• Like 4

Fingers crossed I'll be able to pass the torch to someone that comes in with a hot take about what they were really fighting for at the Battle of Honey Hill.

More honey?

• Like 4

We never judge checkouts unless it's something really shitty like Dean Koontz's recent books, those suck ass.

So, when I'm checking out HDTGM movies, I can stop also grabbing some legitimately good movie to ensure the librarian doesn't think I'm an idiot for an inter library loan of Geostorm?

• Like 6

The most disturbing part about Beautiful Creatures is the spiral staircase with no railing.

There seems to be some confusion here, so just to clarify: I don’t have an issue with the library - lol. I have an issue with putting in any kind of effort to re-read a book I already know is shitty. If it had been readily at hand, sure. Why not? Otherwise...

giphy.gif

• Like 4

So, when I'm checking out HDTGM movies, I can stop also grabbing some legitimately good movie to ensure the librarian doesn't think I'm an idiot for an inter library loan of Geostorm?

Not in my library since I'm the one who buys DVDs and I make sure to have it stocked with HDTGM films. Also, we get atrocious donations sometimes and I'm the one who weeds through them. Seriously I can't tell you how many times I've gotten bootleg copies of bad attempts at mixing urban comedy with sports like snowboarding and kart racing or shitty Air-Bud knockoffs, those we would definitely judge you for checking out.

• Like 2

Not in my library since I'm the one who buys DVDs and I make sure to have it stocked with HDTGM films. Also, we get atrocious donations sometimes and I'm the one who weeds through them. Seriously I can't tell you how many times I've gotten bootleg copies of bad attempts at mixing urban comedy with sports like snowboarding and kart racing or shitty Air-Bud knockoffs, those we would definitely judge you for checking out.

but...but Space Buddies is a classic!

If anything, I assume it makes me look even stranger to get Xanadu and Rossellini's war trilogy at the same time.

hmmm ... sure ... if you say so ...

poEEiEw.jpg

More useless facts: this was released in 2013, same as Adore, making it the 2nd 2013 movie in 3 eps. The previous 2013 movie was Safe Haven (Ep 105). Brings 2013's total to 7 HDTGM movies: Fast 6, After Earth, Sharknado, TP's Temptation, Safe Haven, Adore, Beautiful Creatures

• Like 4

Libby is the best app ever. I've been streaming audiobooks from the library pretty much constantly.

Might I recommend The Black Count?

• Like 1

Now I just want to start checking out Geostorm or Beautiful Creatures from my public library on a weekly basis just so the staff there thinks I am some unstable lunatic, even if I exhibit no other signs of instability.

• Like 2

Man the weeks in between episodes are so hard when you've already seen the movie and just wanna jump into talking about it. But I do absolutely love this trend of covering newer bad films. I know we've all discussed how grinding it can get when you're stuck in the 80s because for some reason bad movies from that time period are just covered in an extra layer of real bad.

I feel like I need to start bumping recommendation threads to put them into our fearless leaders' minds.

• Like 3

I just started watching this and within the first fifteen minutes there are teenagers worpshipping at the stinky alcoholic altar of Charles Bukowski, even once referring to him as "a god."

giphy.gif

I feel like this movie needs a trigger warning.

• Like 8

This movie type goes straight to my inner curmudgeon:

- You can't fall in love with someone you've known for 3 days!

- High schoolers can't be in love (even if you've known the person more than 3 days). <- This one I know many can debate, but I think that you can start a life long relationship in high school that turns into love as you grow into the people you will be as adults.

• Like 2

Straight from my inner curmudgeon:

- You can't fall in love with someone you've known for 3 days!

- High schoolers can't be in love (even if you've known the person more than 3 days). <- This one I know many can debate, but I think that you can start a life long relationship in high school that turns into love as you grow into the people you will be as adults.

What if you've been having nightly dreams about each other - long before meeting - and are mystically fated to be together?

• Like 2

What if you've been having nightly dreams about each other - long before meeting - and are mystically fated to be together?

DKUR9Tk.png

• Like 4

I mean my dreams involve things like Tina Fey selling me to Donatella Versace or involve me building a wall/ fort made out of mashed potatoes in a great aunt's backyard so honestly meeting someone in my dreams would not help that relationship at all. If anything it would be a detriment.

• Like 1

This guy is supposed to be Han Solo?!?

I know I'm late to hating Solo, but I didn't know I knew this guy. I thought they picked a nobody not someone who actively can't act. I've seen so many of his movies and he's utterly forgettable.

• Like 2

Sonuvabitch! I've been trying to go through them all for the past year. This will be awesome, but I'm not watching MASH again. ;)/>

But the delightful comedic talents of Elliot Gould!

• Like 1