🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Cam Bert

Ghost in the Machine (1993)

I was in the video store and I saw the box for this movie. The cover art reminded me of seeing in in my youth at the video store. It was a movie I always saw in the horror section but always passed over for some reason. With that in mind I decided to get it and boy am I glad I waited until I was an adult to do so.

This movie is bonkers!

A woman(Karen Allen) is buying some computer software as a gift when the salesman shows her how it can scan her address book. Then in a rush to leave she leaves her address book behind. Unfortunate for her working in the backroom is the "address book killer" a serial killer who gets address books and murders everybody in them one by one before finally killing the owner. He recovers her address book but while on the way to murder is in a awful car wreck. They give him an MRI at the same time an electrical storm is going on and some how that puts his soul into the internet where he continues his plan of murdering people and tormenting Karen Allen and son.

This movie is pure early 90s nonsense. People not understanding how computers or the internet works. Not even sure how the killers powers work because he is online yet can travel through electrical lines and enter microwaves and plug sockets. Oh, he can also somehow manipulate hoses in the pool.The son is the poster child for "cool early 90s" boy as he tries to seduce the older girl by pulling down his pants, pulling up his boxers, and tucking his shirt into them. The 90s! Not to mention just some of the worst dialogue and a truly awful and uncomfortable scene with the babysitter.

Watch the trailer at your own risk because it is about 50% the final 7 minutes of the movie.

This would be a really fun one! I can still picture the VHS box on it's shelf at my local video store. As a kid, I thought Ghost in the Machine was bad ass. I'll have to rewatch this regardless of it being picked for HDTGM.

Sign in to follow this