🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 187 - Beautiful Creatures

When we initially meet Lena on the first day of school, her tattoo says 104, but the next school scene, which is presumably the next day, her tattoo says 79. Is that poor editing or did almost a month pass between scenes? The teacher says they'll be talking about To Kill a Mockingbird, "which you should have read over the summer," so that seems like a beginning-of-the-school-year lesson. Also, the English teacher's name is Mrs. Hester, parhaps a nod to The Scarlett Letter?

• Like 2

What is the best original song (musicals don't count) in a movie to be sung by one of the stars of the movie?

The one that I keep coming back to is 9 to 5. Maybe that is a cheat since it is going the singer becomes actor route rather than the reverse.

If diegetic was on the table then Sex Bob-Omb's songs from Scott Pilgrim are my easy number one. I truly wish they had put out a full album and toured after the movie. I think I'd pick Garbage Truck as the one song to represent.

• Like 5

What is the best original song (musicals don't count) in a movie to be sung by one of the stars of the movie?

Revisiting this, I am kind of ashamed that I didn't put this song forward: