🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ofcoursemyhorse

The Island (2005)

I was so sure that this movie had already been recommended I searched like four times just be certain.

Cant help but feel like this movie was almost entirely funded by product placement because lord knows they arent subtle about it.

Beautifully shot but an otherwise thoroughly terrible movie.

This was also the subject of a lawsuit by director Robert Fiveson, whose 1970s film "Clonus" (also known as "Parts: The Clonus Horror," especially to MST3k fans) has the same plot. They settled out of court for an undisclosed sum.

A bad movie website writer said that, on the commentary track with Michael Bay, he was able to guess things Bay would take credit for because they were the only things that weren't directly ripped from "Clonus."

• Like 1

Michael Bay was also caught reusing footage from this movie in one of the Transformers movies too.

The product placement in this one was next-level ironic, because why would characters whose every meal and activity are dictated to them would even NEED brand names?

My favorite bit of product placement was the fucking boat at the end.

They were advertising a super high end yacht maker as if a decent percentage of the viewing audience would of course be able to afford a multi million dollar yacht.

Sign in to follow this