🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 135 — Scavenge and the Wisemen

There i was, only half paying attention as i went on my nightly walk to the corner store to buy a pack of smokes before they closed. When i heard the words i had subconsciously wanting to hear since earwolf got their new studio.

It was like a scene from a movie..as i opened the door to the store and walked to the back to get a vitamin water...the words echoed through my ears "Bakin' a Plain Cake".

"no, not here, not now" i thought to myself, "everyone will think i am insane".

Time slowed down as i braced myself for the incoming expectoration of laughter that was about to erupt. As that familiar tune started in the background i bit my lip and walked to the counter. The gang erupts into the customary "YEAHHHHHH" as i ask the clerk for my smokes, the singing starts and i cant take it, i erupt into laughter, handing the clerk my money and running out the door in a fit of cackling.

Thanks, Earwolf.

Cake Boss was fun as usual but for me the most magical part was the opening story of Christmas and George Ben Washington and years-long scavenger hunts and Curly's gold and snake parties and baby kidnappings. That delicious nonsense filled my heart with so much joy it exploded and I'm writing this from hospital and I'm very happy about it.

Every time I hear the countdown of (5...) 4...3...NOSE...1 it kills me. Somebody remind me, what ep was the genesis of this glorious bit? I have too many of them saved and its all a blur.

@ColonelForbin I think we'll all look back and remember exactly where we were when we had our "Bakin' a Plain Cake" moment. Me? I was taking a stroll along the river, glancing over at Lady Liberty every once in a while and deciding she was mocking me with her unlit flame....when all of a sudden I heard Cake Boss utter those four magical words, followed by the all too familiar guitar lick at the EXACT MOMENT the statue's light shone bright once again! A sign? Maybe only PFT knows the answer, but he was off somewhere getting high...

I was standing semi-crouched in mud alongside a house swinging a sledge hammer to bang a peg into the earth while setting up piles for a retaining wall when I heard Cake Boss say "Baking a plain cake?" and heard one of the greatest tracks of all time kick in.

Other reason for breaking into song:
"Nursing a lame snake"
"Buying a yard rake"
"Hosting a clam bake"
"Broiling a beaf steak"
"Melting a snowflake"
"Helping my bro, Blake"

djwetmouse, the whole thing has to rhyme, not just the last syllable, unless you are woofin' a woof woof, of course.

This has been said numerous times already, but the "Bakin' a Plane Cake" bit was incredible. It was so well executed and unexpected that I completely cracked up on the bus, reaffirming the fact that CBB is one of the only podcasts I cannot listen to on my commute if I want to appear to be moderately sane. Seriously people, get with the times, people don't just listen to music on their ipods anymore.

Sign in to follow this