🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 135 — Scavenge and the Wisemen

We have a lot of fun here on Comedy Bang Bang, but this week we'd like to share an important holiday message with you all. You see, the holidays are a time for friendship, giving, forgiveness, cakes, and Would You Rather?! This week is a merry celebration of all of that and more. Our joyful carolers are Erinn Hayes, Dan Telfer, and Paul F. Tompkins who is mysteriously absent when our good friend Cake Boss drops by. You'll laugh, you'll cry, and you'll learn a thing or two!

This episode was glorious! I bow before it, like so many snakes wearing tiny fur coats and/or brandishing piano wire. Every episode in the past with PFT on as himself was what we in the biz (business) call a stone-cold classic, and I think this one lived up to those expectations marvelously.

The Bakin' a Plain Cake Plane Break brought a tear to my eye. I'd like to nominate this episode as a late candidate for best of 2011. PFT is on some next level shit.

Would really love to read a How The Bread Is Made on this episode and how the whole A Cakesmas Carol section came together.

I feel like you can tell when it's a CBB After Dark episode. This episode kind of reminds me of Ep. 120 and Ep. 131.
There have been so many tellings of A Christmas Carol, but I'm glad we were finally given the version we all wanted to hear - the Cake Boss rendition!
Also, I'm just wondering... Since the subject of church attendance came up so many times... does listening to this episode count as having attended church? I'd rather count this than having to make an obligatory annual visit for the holiday.

Really loved the opening bit with Paul and Scott saying the same thing and then Paul describing in detail what he was doing, for some reason that had me bowled over. I also concur that working in the "Bakin a plain cake" theme was perfect. The only thing missing from this episode was Ice-T debuting a product or Dame-Sir Andrew Lloyd Weber.

Is Children's Hospital currently on? I really need to dvr that shit.

@Sarah... The third season already aired, but I think they still replay episodes on Thursdays on Adult Swim. Plus, the first two seasons are on DVD. You'll love it!

BAKIN' A PLAIN CAKE! AAHh! I want to pounce on CBB like Morgan Murphy in Yacht Rock. I'm only partway through the episode but I'm super in love with it already.

Fear not, Dustin. I have always wanted to say "user not found my ass" and am so relieved that I finally got to post it somewhere.

• Like 1

This episode should've been called 'The Rise and Fall of Buddy "Cake Boss (Cake Boss!)" Valastro'

Paul F. Tompkins in a room with padded walls - a sign of things to come?

Sign in to follow this