đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Cameron H.

Listener Rankings

I know a few people are interested in ranking the movies covered on Unspooled, and I thought it might be nice to have a thread for us to do so. Please feel free to use this space to share your rankings...and defend your choices to the bloody and bitter end.

Here is mine! https://boxd.it/1PHoC

• Like 5

Only halfway through, but it’s not looking good for Titanic...

• Like 3

I won't spoil it, but something big does happen in the second half :lol:

• Like 3

Wait... is this your first time seeing it?!

• Like 3

I'm not looking forward to this either. I only watched it once in the theater and it was enough. :wacko:

• Like 2

Wait... is this your first time seeing it?!

2nd time. Honestly, this might as well be a HDTGM movie for the amount of issues I’m having with it.

• Like 1

I'm not looking forward to this either. I only watched it once in the theater and it was enough. :wacko:/>

(It’s so bad...)

• Like 1

I haven't seen Titanic since the 90s probably but I remember it being mostly good. Not top 100 movies all time good but at least worth seeing. Certainly not "so bad"

• Like 2

That said, I'm definitely not watching it again for the podcast...or probably ever.

• Like 1

I feel like Amy and Paul are gonna disagree on this from the preview convo this past week and I have to say I'm so surprised by all of you as someone who saw it 3 times in theaters in 97 and rewatches it maybe once a year or so.

• Like 1

I feel like Amy and Paul are gonna disagree on this from the preview convo this past week and I have to say I'm so surprised by all of you as someone who saw it 3 times in theaters in 97 and rewatches it maybe once a year or so.

I've come around on Titanic. There are still elements I dislike (Billy Zane), but over the years I've come to appreciate its visual spectacle and James Cameron's effective manipulation of basic human emotions. It wouldn't be in my personal Top 100, but I understand the popularity.

• Like 2

I haven't seen Titanic since the 90s probably but I remember it being mostly good. Not top 100 movies all time good but at least worth seeing. Certainly not "so bad"

I’m not going to get too into it before the ep, but my “so bad” comment was hyperbole. Obviously, it’s not the worst thing ever - it’s an extremely watchable movie. That doesn’t mean it’s a “good” movie either. My Blue Heaven is a watchable movie, but I wouldn’t lobby for it to be on the AFI 100. Honestly, even with only six movies, it probably won’t even be the lowest movie on my list. That being said, it’s got flaws...

• Like 1

I've come around on Titanic. There are still elements I dislike (Billy Zane), but over the years I've come to appreciate its visual spectacle and James Cameron's effective manipulation of basic human emotions. It wouldn't be in my personal Top 100, but I understand the popularity.

^^^ This. Visually it’s great. It’s amazingly well-researched. The ship is sinking now, and it’s exciting. But it’s obvious Cameron cares more about the ship itself than the characters or their dialogue.

• Like 1

Fine! I'll make a list too!

You can just copy mine, bro (because it’s the only one that’s right)

• Like 1

You can just copy mine, bro (because it’s the only one that’s right)

So far we are the exact same. I'm curious now when our opinions will start to differ. Hint, I don't think it will be on Titanic.

• Like 2