🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Shannon

IMPORTANT: Forum to be updated 7/4/2018

Hey everyone!

The Earwolf forums will be getting a facelift on July 4th that may result in the site being unavailable for a few hours. We also may need to make changes once the main update is done that could result in things looking funky for a day or two.

But when they are back and running they will be all updated and new users will finally be able to join again!

Thanks for your patience and get ready for the Earwolf Forums v2.0!!

• Like 5

End of an era & beginning of a new one... Happy to be a part of this!

• Like 1

Update: Initial attempt to update was unsuccessful. We will try again.

Sorry for the outage and that there will be another one. I will try to update y'all here if we have a date for attempt #2

• Like 2

UPDATE: We're trying this thing again tomorrow!!! So the forums may be down all day.

cross your fingers for us

• Like 4

I'm just trying to get my sea legs. It took me a minute, but it's growing on me. I especially like what you guys have done with the mobile app. It looks pretty crisp. 😀

• Like 1

Step 1 is complete!! 

The Earwolf colors will be back before the week is over.

HOOOORAAAY NEW WORKING FORUMS!!!

• Like 6

Shannon, please thank whoever’s responsible for us! I’m sure it wasn’t easy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CameronH said:

Shannon, please thank whoever’s responsible for us! I’m sure it wasn’t easy.

agreed. 

• Like 2

@Shannon would this be the best spot to mention things we miss about the old forums? Or just general suggestions to make this work best for everyone?

I was only wondering if we could get back the option to not have "edited by taylorannephoto at x time" when we edit a post. I hate having the whole world be aware that I make a ton of typos and can't spell and have to go back and fix all of my posts lol.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

@Shannon would this be the best spot to mention things we miss about the old forums? Or just general suggestions to make this work best for everyone?

I was only wondering if we could get back the option to not have "edited by taylorannephoto at x time" when we edit a post. I hate having the whole world be aware that I make a ton of typos and can't spell and have to go back and fix all of my posts lol.

When you go into edit, right under where it asks you why you're editing your post, there should be a check mark you can click off. Trust me, I edit A LOT. Nobody needs to know how illiterate I am :)

• Like 4

Yes please use this thread if you have any questions or gripes or requests about the new stuff!

I'm still trying to figure out everything that is new and can't promise we have control over ever bit of it but i'll do my best to make it nice and easy for y'all!

Good reminder for everyone to go check out your Profile in the top right corner and check your notification settings and such as there are a lot of new features!! 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Shannon said:

Good reminder for everyone to go check out your Profile in the top right corner and check your notification settings and such as there are a lot of new features!! 

I'm sure Scott approves of our profiles now calling post count "Content Count".  Keep slingin' that 'tent, everyone.

• Like 2

I updated the settings so the "edited" note only appears if you check the box indicating you want it to appear.

As with the previous version of the forums, posts can only be edited for 24 hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've got a dumb nitpick. Is there a way to travel back to the Earwolf homepage? I can get to the forums from there, but I don't have seem to have a quick route back (e.g. clicking on "Earwolf.")

• Like 3

Another nitpick, I don't like the alternating white/gray background between forum names on the listing. Makes it hard to read.

• Like 4

Oh goodness I promise I'm not just coming here with bad things because I do love the way these forums are kept up.

BUT I've noticed that there are indeed link backs at the top that can take you to say just "General Discussion" instead of going all the way back to the main forum page but they are so close to the same color as the background that they are almost impossible to differentiate. I may even be the only one who can see that they are there because I've actually had my color vision tested many times and I see more colors than most humans. Am I a robot? Maybe a mantis shrimp? Anyway here's a screenshot of it from my browser at work. I use Firefox there and Chrome at home and both give me the same results.

b4BZnfH.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, taylorannephoto said:

Oh goodness I promise I'm not just coming here with bad things because I do love the way these forums are kept up.

BUT I've noticed that there are indeed link backs at the top that can take you to say just "General Discussion" instead of going all the way back to the main forum page but they are so close to the same color as the background that they are almost impossible to differentiate. I may even be the only one who can see that they are there because I've actually had my color vision tested many times and I see more colors than most humans. Am I a robot? Maybe a mantis shrimp? Anyway here's a screenshot of it from my browser at work. I use Firefox there and Chrome at home and both give me the same results.

b4BZnfH.jpg

Yeah I noticed that, too. At first I thought they had been removed, but then I highlighted that area with my mouse. I've been using muscle memory to navigate :)

• Like 2

Just letting y'all know, I am still pulling out my hair trying to figure out these effing color problems. If I adjust one thing to make it visible in one place, it becomes unreadable in another. I'm going bananas but I WILL NOT GIVE UP.

Just thought you all deserved an update :D 

• Like 7

Please don't drive yourself crazy, Shannon. We're a patient bunch. You're doing great :)

• Like 1

Okay I think it's done now. (this is what happens when you break down and ask for help from a more tech-y person)

If anyone notices anything weird, any text you still can't see or anything like that let us know. But this looks more comfortable right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Okay I think it's done now. (this is what happens when you break down and ask for help from a more tech-y person)

If anyone notices anything weird, any text you still can't see or anything like that let us know. But this looks more comfortable right?

A notice when I hit my profile the words there are now kind of dim.  Sorry.

ETA: And another quibble, when I quote your post I can barely read it in the editor. It looks fine when it's posted, but if I wanted to just respond to a specific thing and not your entire post, it makes it a bit difficult. Also, when you click "Insert Media" that is really dark as well.

I'm sorry...

ETA: It's getting really close, though. It's looking great!

• Like 1

Ooh, what are warning points and how do I avoid them and/or trick other people into getting them?

• Like 2