🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Shannon

IMPORTANT: Forum to be updated 7/4/2018

12 hours ago, Hankenstein said:

Ooh, what are warning points and how do I avoid them and/or trick other people into getting them?

Those have always existed, but they were previously only visible to moderators. You can get warning points by breaking rules like harassing other posters, attacking hosts or guests, or just generally being an asshole. If you get a warning, you'll be notified and we can always take off points later for good behavior. I guess if you fill up your warning points you would probably get banned. But thankfully in the last almost 7 years of doing this, I have only banned like 5 people ever for continued bad behavior. 

There is also functionality in this new system to add negative reputation points to posts, like to downvote them in a sense? But I didn't think I should turn it on? I'd prefer everyone only shower each other with praise. But I dunno, if that's something y'all really wanted I could turn on the "dislike" function. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Shannon said:

There is also functionality in this new system to add negative reputation points to posts, like to downvote them in a sense? But I didn't think I should turn it on? I'd prefer everyone only shower each other with praise. But I dunno, if that's something y'all really wanted I could turn on the "dislike" function. 

I agree with you. A "dislike" button just seems to kind of negative. I don't know if I would want to bring that in here. I'm of the mind that if you don't like something that someone is saying, either ignore it, or if it is bad enough, report it. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CameronH said:

A notice when I hit my profile the words there are now kind of dim.  Sorry.

ETA: And another quibble, when I quote your post I can barely read it in the editor. It looks fine when it's posted, but if I wanted to just respond to a specific thing and not your entire post, it makes it a bit difficult. Also, when you click "Insert Media" that is really dark as well.

I'm sorry...

ETA: It's getting really close, though. It's looking great!

In the search bar as well, or against any black background I suppose, its very hard to read the gray text while editing/writing. Not a huge deal, but just wanted to give my 2 cents in it. 

But i love the new look regardless

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Shannon said:

Those have always existed, but they were previously only visible to moderators. You can get warning points by breaking rules like harassing other posters, attacking hosts or guests, or just generally being an asshole. If you get a warning, you'll be notified and we can always take off points later for good behavior. I guess if you fill up your warning points you would probably get banned. But thankfully in the last almost 7 years of doing this, I have only banned like 5 people ever for continued bad behavior. 

I strongly support not engaging the dislike option(s). It creates a whole host of issues, even among a small community like this one.

Your instincts are right on, as usual.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Shannon said:

If you get a warning, you'll be notified and we can always take off points later for good behavior.

Comedy posting school taught by Howard Kremer?

• Like 1

On 7/30/2018 at 2:06 PM, Shannon said:

Just letting y'all know, I am still pulling out my hair trying to figure out these effing color problems. If I adjust one thing to make it visible in one place, it becomes unreadable in another. I'm going bananas but I WILL NOT GIVE UP.

Just thought you all deserved an update :D 

Thank you Shannon, things look great now.

• Like 2

I've (very cautiously) figured out how to make modifications to the CSS and templates, so today I've:

• Fixed the virtually invisible search box
  • Fixed the dark gray-on-dark gray options in the user menu (top right corner)
  • Added a link to Earwolf.com in the main navigation

Let us know if there are any other outstanding issues.

• Like 2

Odd issue, but the links from the show/episode pages that are meant to connect to the boards/threads seem to be broken at this time.

Is that going to get repaired?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackstar7 said:

Odd issue, but the links from the show/episode pages that are meant to connect to the boards/threads seem to be broken at this time.

Is that going to get repaired?

The person who can probably fix this has been on vacay! But he will be back next week and he will do his best to fix it!

• Like 2