🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 191.5 - Minisode 191.5

I'm getting ready to rent Striptease from Amazon and this comes up as movies people have also watched after watching Striptease. tumblr_pbdqa6VcqJ1sv8yj8o1_1280.png

Ooof

• Like 3

This was the most unpleasant, off-putting movie I have watched for this show. I've seen plenty that are more poorly made, but none that were so day-ruining. Can't wait to hear June make it worth it.

Here's a request because suddenly I feel like it needs to be said... For C&Os can we not go into detail about which strip clubs people have been to? I understand that this is probably not an accurate representation of a real club, but I honestly don't need details nor images in my brain of anyone on here ogling topless women.

• Like 2

Here's a request because suddenly I feel like it needs to be said... For C&Os can we not go into detail about which strip clubs people have been to? I understand that this is probably not an accurate representation of a real club, but I honestly don't need details nor images in my brain of anyone on here ogling topless women.

Being someone who felt gross just watching this movie, the idea of actually going to a strip club, even as a straight dude, is the least appealing idea imaginable for a night out, at least as far as one that does not involve committing acts of violence or some other criminal act. Just.... ugh. However, I am curious as to how and why this movie made left turns from reality when it did. Just from a filmmaking and storytelling standpoint, why were those changes, in the minds of the filmmakers, necessary? I'm not interested in personal strip club stories, but conceptual or functional topics would be... elucidating. Does that make sense?

Of course, I would not want to the C&O thread to become unreadable for people, so if it comes to that, then no, no strip club stuff.

• Like 1

Being someone who felt gross just watching this movie, the idea of actually going to a strip club, even as a straight dude, is the least appealing idea imaginable for a night out, at least as far as one that does not involve committing acts of violence or some other criminal act. Just.... ugh. However, I am curious as to how and why this movie made left turns from reality when it did. Just from a filmmaking and storytelling standpoint, why were those changes, in the minds of the filmmakers, necessary? I'm not interested in personal strip club stories, but conceptual or functional topics would be... elucidating. Does that make sense?

Of course, I would not want to the C&O thread to become unreadable for people, so if it comes to that, then no, no strip club stuff.

Here's the thing, if a bouncer or a dancer that have actually worked at clubs came on to talk about the differences in real life vs this movie then I of course would be all ears to hear about the ways this movie took hard turns, but what I personally don't want to read is how so and so went to a club and noticed things, because that's going into territory that makes me very uncomfortable. I absolutely would much rather hear from people that did the work and can speak from their own personal experiences of being workers, not patrons.

Also it's like this movie is so painstakingly gross that the ways this club worked was literally the last thing on my mind the entire time.

• Like 3

I agree 100%, taylor.

I'm sure we were pretty much saying the same thing there, but I wanted to clarify that I absolutely would listen to anyone that has worked in that industry and can speak on the way it's portrayed. Especially since there is always a different story from people witnessing it from the outside vs who is actually in the thick of it.

• Like 2

Just out of curiosity (and maybe this should be saved for tomorrow, so maybe I'm jumping the gun), why do you think this film works and something like Magic Mike (where Channing Tatum needs to make money for...reasons) is so popular and pretty well acclaimed and Striptease and Showgirls doesn't?

Is it because they are playing it up (at least the first one) as more of a drama? Is it because it is better written/directed? Is it because it has a better ensemble cast?

The only reason, I bring this up is because of my work as a DJ, I was watching Gabriel Ingelsis in that film because that is my industry so to speak.

• Like 1

Here's the thing, if a bouncer or a dancer that have actually worked at clubs came on to talk about the differences in real life vs this movie then I of course would be all ears to hear about the ways this movie took hard turns, but what I personally don't want to read is how so and so went to a club and noticed things, because that's going into territory that makes me very uncomfortable. I absolutely would much rather hear from people that did the work and can speak from their own personal experiences of being workers, not patrons.

I don't know about anyone else here, but pretty much all my stripclub experience comes from other movies anyway, so ... :/

But I grew up with rural cable that had no MTV but two VH1 channels, so my experience of Annie Lennox is immense. Fair warning.

Also, just a fun, quick story, re: Burt Reynolds -- I was once on a road trip and we stopped at Spinneli's Pizza in Louisville, Ky, and this was painted as a mural on the wall (fair warning -- it's a bit shocking):

41416575720_36d093e09f_c.jpg

Bon appetit!

• Like 1

Being someone who felt gross just watching this movie, the idea of actually going to a strip club, even as a straight dude, is the least appealing idea imaginable for a night out, at least as far as one that does not involve committing acts of violence or some other criminal act. Just.... ugh.

I'm not going to discuss it in any detail but I'll say I was semi-dragged to a strip club exactly one time in my life for a close friend's bachelor party when I was in my late 20s. It's a super gross and depressing environment. You are right to never want to go to one.

• Like 1

Also, just a fun, quick story, re: Burt Reynolds -- I was once on a road trip and we stopped at Spinneli's Pizza in Louisville, Ky, and this was painted as a mural on the wall (fair warning -- it's a bit shocking):

41416575720_36d093e09f_c.jpg

Bon appetit!

Ooh! Are we posting our favorite pics of sexy, hirsuite men?

200w.gif

I haven’t posted that pic in far too long...It feels good.

• Like 3

Ooh! Are we posting our favorite pics of sexy, hirsuite men?

200w.gif

I haven’t posted that pic in far too long...It feels good.

I mean, "fire away" is generally my policy.

Wait ... I'm suddenly having Best Little Whorehouse in Texas flashbacks.

• Like 3

I mean, "fire away" is generally my policy.

Wait ... I'm suddenly having Best Little Whorehouse in Texas flashbacks.

Noice!

b730c8b01025d683de86959bb809a339.jpg

• Like 3

Sexy, but is it Sam Elliot sexy?

8eb48942910c17e355408c1bdf50b45b--men-celebrities-celebs.jpg

I might argue nothing on earth is sexier than Sam Elliott except maybe just his voice.

• Like 4

I think he does some trimming these days, but I gotta give it up for our commander-in-chief...

3ED2989000000578-4369518-image-a-35_1491009440274.jpg

• Like 3

I'm waiting for Ryan Kwanten to pop up but then I forgot how hairless he was.

• Like 4

I'm waiting for Ryan Kwanten to pop up but then I forgot how hairless he was.

I googled him anyways... and to that I say: Thank you Cam Bert!

• Like 4

I googled him anyways... and to that I say: Thank you Cam Bert!

There is a thread somewhere on the boards that is like all Ryan Kwanten gifs. Consider this a treasure hunt :)

• Like 1

CAMERON! I need a warning before I click on this forum at work and there's suddenly a sparkling Tom Selleck in my face!

• Like 3

CAMERON! I need a warning before I click on this forum at work and there's suddenly a sparkling Tom Selleck in my face!

Show your boss! You might get a raise.

(I’ll put it in spoiler tags :( )

• Like 1

Show your boss! You might get a raise.

(I’ll put it in spoiler tags :( )

Oh you didn't have to do that (especially since that's not the only one lmao) but I do appreciate it!

• Like 1