🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

The General

The General  

12 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Does "The General" belong on the AFI List?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/19 at 08:00 AM

It was the one posted by Open Works Company and it was literally the first link I saw lol.

Lol omg I couldn't even find that link! The one I watched was posted by "drelbcom" so I have no idea if we heard the same music or not, but I have to still say that I agree with you the music I heard fit perfectly and I enjoyed it lol.

• Like 1

Lol omg I couldn't even find that link! The one I watched was posted by "drelbcom" so I have no idea if we heard the same music or not, but I have to still say that I agree with you the music I heard fit perfectly and I enjoyed it lol.

WTF, why is your link 30 minutes longer than mine? Wikipedia says the running time is 75 minutes, so why is yours 106 minutes long? :blink:

• Like 2

WTF, why is your link 30 minutes longer than mine? Wikipedia says the running time is 75 minutes, so why is yours 106 minutes long? :blink:

Turns out they put a lot of introductory cards about Keaton and the production before the movie actually began. No fucking idea why, but that's why I was scared the other's cut out scenes. I was wrong but don't regret the choice.

(Also can't even remember anything said on the cards whoops.)

Just a head's up for iTunes users. iTunes is having a HUGE sale on a lot of the movies on the AFI list. So far, I've bought The Apartment, Bringing Up Baby, 12 Angry Men, A Night at the Opera, and The Wild Bunch for 4.99 each. Usually they can be anywhere from 9.99-17.99.

Of particular note, Nashville is 4.99. It's usually (I think) 12.99 and it doesn't have an option to rent. I didn't get it simply because I hate MASH just that much, but I thought I would put it out there.

I'm also thinking of getting one more. What do you guys think? Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf or Network?

I'm also thinking of getting one more. What do you guys think? Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe or Network?

Haven't seen Network yet, but WAOVW is absolutely a must watch more than once.

• Like 1

Just a head's up for iTunes users. iTunes is having a HUGE sale on a lot of the movies on the AFI list. So far, I've bought The Apartment, Bringing Up Baby, 12 Angry Men, A Night at the Opera, and The Wild Bunch for 4.99 each. Usually they can be anywhere from 9.99-17.99.

Of particular note, Nashville is 4.99. It's usually (I think) 12.99 and it doesn't have an option to rent. I didn't get it simply because I hate MASH just that much, but I thought I would put it out there.

I'm also thinking of getting one more. What do you guys think? Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe or Network?

Nashville is way better than MASH which I also hate.

I liked Network day more than Who's Afraid Of Virginia Wolfe?

At risk of arriving late to the party,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWEjxkkB8Xs

this video is very very very good

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jumblebunny said:

At risk of arriving late to the party,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWEjxkkB8Xs

this video is very very very good

Every Frame a Painting is a great series. I think I heard he's working for Filmstruck now.

• Like 1

Just as a note, Buster Keaton has a cameo in Sunset Boulevard, which I think is also on the AFI list. He's one of the "Waxworks" who come to play bridge.

• Like 1