🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DaltonMaltz

Episode 7 - Hoity-toity!

It’s the Victorian rom-com episode! Starring Jude, with special guest star David Cross.

Guest StineBastian

Is the Jill Swartz memorial library just your office in your house? Can you tell tell the story why you named your library? Also, you mention the wilds of Connecticut. Why is it called the wilds? 

Thanks for the podcast. I am enjoying it.

Hi. Enormous nerd here to add some additional insight.

Arabella didn't just throw pig guts at Jude. She tossed "the characteristic part of a barrow pig." A barrow pig is a castrated male pig, and so the "characteristic part" would, in fact, be the pig's penis.

That's right: the meet cute between Arabella and Jude was her throwing a pig dick at his ear. She's a subtle one, that Arabella.

Haven't listened to this podcast yet, but keep hearing adverts for it.  Doesn't the book actual say she tosses a "pig's pizzle" at Jude?  I'm frankly a little reluctant to listen, as I really enjoyed this book (as well as the early 2000s film with Kate Winslet and Christopher Eccleston).  Are they respectful to the material, or is it just one big cut-up of the "they talk funny" variety? 

On 8/2/2018 at 4:53 PM, Jerzy Bondov said:

Haven't listened to this podcast yet, but keep hearing adverts for it.  Doesn't the book actual say she tosses a "pig's pizzle" at Jude?  I'm frankly a little reluctant to listen, as I really enjoyed this book (as well as the early 2000s film with Kate Winslet and Christopher Eccleston).  Are they respectful to the material, or is it just one big cut-up of the "they talk funny" variety? 

Respectful to the book, in my opinion. Give it a listen.

On 8/2/2018 at 5:53 PM, Jerzy Bondov said:

...or is it just one big cut-up of the "they talk funny" variety? 

No, it's way beyond that. I'm enjoying the story as well as MIB's funny asides and observations/interpretations.