🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 44 Preview (kateacola's Pick)

What does kateacola have in store and why do we have to wait?

tenor.gif

• Like 5

I just posted my first Letterboxd review, for Piya Behrupiya. I kind of like the capsule reviews (like grudlian's for Some Came Running). I would like to start getting into more detail, as ordered by Taylorannephoto, but I think this review sums it up.

I just posted my first Letterboxd review, for Piya Behrupiya. I kind of like the capsule reviews (like grudlian's for Some Came Running). I would like to start getting into more detail, as ordered by Taylorannephoto, but I think this review sums it up.

What did I order?

What did I order?

That every review had to be in complete detail. I'll see if I can find that thread.

That every review had to be in complete detail. I'll see if I can find that thread.

Lol I don't remember this at all.

• Like 1

First-- sorry I have been MIA in Musical Mondays lately. I'll try to get back in it :)

AAAND for my pick I was debating between a couple movies but I decided to go with...

220px-Easter_Parade_poster.jpg

Easter Parade!

With Judy Garland and Fred Astaire.

We haven't done any Judy Garland yet.. so I was debating this one or a couple other musicals of hers I watched last year but ultimately went with this.

I really enjoyed this one so I'm happy to revisit and looking forward to discuss with you all :D

• Like 6

First-- sorry I have been MIA in Musical Mondays lately. I'll try to get back in it :)/>

AAAND for my pick I was debating between two movies but I decided to go with...

Easter Parade!

We haven't done any Judy Garland yet.. so I was debating this one or a couple other musicals of hers I watched last year but ultimately went with this.

I really enjoyed this one so I'm happy to revisit and looking forward to discuss with you all :D/>

Very cool pick. I’ve never seen it, but it looks like fun. :)

• Like 4

Lol I don't remember this at all.

Lol - it really doesn’t sound like something you’d say.

• Like 2

Lol - it really doesn’t sound like something you’d say.

The amount of times y'all get me laughing with literally one word reviews makes me think that I would never say it either lol.

But I do vaguely remember saying that I wanted y'all to post reviews more cause I'm so curious why some people rate movies certain ways and there's no way for me to challenge y'all in the comments if there's no review lol.

• Like 4

The amount of times y'all get me laughing with literally one word reviews makes me think that I would never say it either lol.

But I do vaguely remember saying that I wanted y'all to post reviews more cause I'm so curious why some people rate movies certain ways and there's no way for me to challenge y'all in the comments if there's no review lol.

I found it from the week after The Jazz Singer. I know taylor was saying it in jest but it stuck with me. I hate to disappoint her.

I just took the Letterboxd plunge (CincoDeNio, surprisingly). Seen enough posts mention it I'd like to be able to read those reviews. Not sure how much detail I can get into on some films but ones like Reefer Madness I can bore that audience as well as I did this one. :-)

Actually, I demand an in depth analysis from you every time.

• Like 5

First-- sorry I have been MIA in Musical Mondays lately. I'll try to get back in it :)

Easter Parade!

I really enjoyed this one so I'm happy to revisit and looking forward to discuss with you all :D

Never heard of this but look forward to it. Let the Judy vs Ginger debates begin!

• Like 3

Easter Parade!

Great pick. I'm sure I've seen it at some point in my childhood because this was right up my parents' alley. I know I can sing the title song but that may be because it was in Alexander's Ragtime Band.

• Like 4

There is still time to change your pick to coincide with a limited theatrical re-release this weekend of a forum favorite.

https://www.fathomev...ss-the-universe

Thanks for this! I came into the forums after this gloriousness. I have enough rewards points for a free ticket. Will see if I can use them for this next week.

• Like 3

Oh I was hoping you'd pick something I wouldn't want to watch or watch again because I'm going on Vacation this week. Looks like I"m going to download Easter Parade to my laptop and watch either on the plane or the train

• Like 4

Never heard of this but look forward to it. Let the Judy vs Ginger debates begin!

There's definitely a nod to Top Hat in this movie, so I'm sure we'll go there!

• Like 4

If it's between these two I'm Team Ginger.

url2.jpeg vs. Mhe86UOm.jpg?1

• Like 2

This makes sense. I feel the same when I watch some garbage movie and I see one of you clowns gave it four stars but no review. I just feel like shouting, "Explain yourself!"

• Like 5

I found it from the week after The Jazz Singer. I know taylor was saying it in jest but it stuck with me. I hate to disappoint her.

Ahahaha okay yeah definitely in jest. I never demand a certain length from anyone seriously lol.

• Like 4

Oh I was hoping you'd pick something I wouldn't want to watch or watch again because I'm going on Vacation this week. Looks like I"m going to download Easter Parade to my laptop and watch either on the plane or the train

Are you going to watch Vacation on vacation?

This makes sense. I feel the same when I watch some garbage movie and I see one of you clowns gave it four stars but no review. I just feel like shouting, "Explain yourself!"

Exactly! Fister even tweeted at me once and was like telling me how disappointed he was that I didn't write a review for "I Don't Feel At Home in this World Anymore" because he wanted to know all of my feelings (they were positive), but sometimes I'm honestly like "YES I LIKED THIS MOVIE" and that's basically all the review I would write lol.

• Like 6