🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
cinema1995

Contact (1997)

Well, I don't care for it, and it has a really weak ending, but I think it's sort of too dull and ponderous to make a good episode. The ending and certain philosophy issues are mock-worthy, but overall, I don't think it's fully rife for an episode. Maybe if they did an episode that was about frustrating finales...

I don't think it's crazy enough to make for a very good episode.

Its way too long to do. Not too mention its an otherwise okay movie aside from the bullshit ending and the part where they find out a second ball dropping machine also exists without anybody fucking knowing.

Its way too long to do. Not too mention its an otherwise okay movie aside from the bullshit ending and the part where they find out a second ball dropping machine also exists without anybody fucking knowing.

And to be fair, both of those things are straight from the book.

Haha, I like this movie. It pisses off all of my friends.

Say what you will about it, this shot from Contact is cool as hell:

Haha, I like this movie. It pisses off all of my friends.

Say what you will about it, this shot from Contact is cool as hell:

I love the opening shot too, with the transmissions getting older as the camera pulls farther out

• Like 1

it's directed by robert zemeckis but it feels like it was directed by someone who has never seen anything else but the color blue. it's awful.

The thing that annoys me about the ending is that the alien makes the assumption that a woman seeing her dead father in the flesh again as embodied by a fucking alien is somehow less upsetting than seeing what it actually looked like. 

I would argue that whatever the alien true appearance was it would have been far less upsetting than zombie alien father. 

Sign in to follow this