🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
crackforkids

Pootie Tang

This movie is so weird and hilarious, but was really ignored by everyone. Maybe you could have the writer, Louis CK, on to explain how he got this one through the system.

I can't remember which episode, but I think Scott brought this movie up on CBB before. I remember him saying this scene cracked him up.

• Like 1

Honestly, I haven't seen this. But it would probably be a great episode if they got Louis C.K. to talk about it. From what I've heard, the studio took it away from him in post-production and he agreed with Roger Ebert's line in his review that the film was not "in a releasable condition."

I really, really liked this movie unironically. It is a mess, but it is a very funny mess. Still, it would be good to have Louis CK on to discuss this crazy ass movie and to hear about how it could have been a better (and perhaps stranger) movie if it was closer to Louis' original vision. And hey, Louis can use it as an opportunity to promote the comedy movie he made in 98 that just got released.

I own this movie on DVD, only because I got tricked into buying it on amazon as a based on movies and tv shows you liked "Curb Your Enthusiasm" you may also like "Pootie Tang". I didn't know at the time, how horrible bad it is it wasn't all that bad but it clearly wasn't as funny as the trailer made it out to seem. it's got two actors from curb in it. J.B. Smoove and Wanda Sykes, both comedians I like from curb so i got suckered into buying it. it's now in the box of misfit dvd's.

only ever watched it once.

I think the trailer shows everything that is funny in the film. that's what type of movie it is. like Bad Gramdpa: jackass movies.

Sign in to follow this