đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 45 Oliver & Company

I love that all the cats’ expressions say “imma murder you human”

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tomspanks said:

I love that all the cats’ expressions say “imma murder you human”

Ms Bennet for sure has resting bitch face. She's also a bitch but you can definitely see it all over her face lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Cam Bert said:

Do you guys think the only reason Oliver was not chosen over his brothers and sisters was because he's ginger?

Maybe, but aren't a lot of pop culture cats orange?  Garfield, Heathcliff, Ripley's cat in space, Sandra Bullock's "pet" in The Heat, just off the top of my head.

• Like 4

The beginning of this movie made me sad - who is selling kittens for five bucks, and then just abandons the ones that are left? Poor baby. I wanted to give him a hug.  It probably doesn't help that I spend two days a week volunteering at an animal shelter, adopting out those same animals. 

Also, I'm insanely tempted to get the same set up for my dog that Georgette has. He already has his own bedroom since he took over the guest room with his toys. 

In regards to pictures, I don't have a cat, but my dog sometimes acts like a cat? 

IMG_3997.jpg

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, SaraK said:

In regards to pictures, I don't have a cat, but my dog sometimes acts like a cat? 

so your dog is also a tiny sociopath?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

so your dog is also a tiny sociopath?

I think he's plotting against me a lot. But he's also super lazy, so he'll never follow through. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, SaraK said:

My Oliver acts more like a dog! Did they switch bodies maybe? Cause Oliver will bring me toys to play fetch with all day long if he could. My aunt was watching him while I was at the beach and we talked on the phone for a bit and she was legit like "Oh my god he just brought me a stick like he wants me to throw it!" I told her to throw it and he immediately ran and brought it back and she had a fit lol.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

My Oliver acts more like a dog! Did they switch bodies maybe? Cause Oliver will bring me toys to play fetch with all day long if he could. My aunt was watching him while I was at the beach and we talked on the phone for a bit and she was legit like "Oh my god he just brought me a stick like he wants me to throw it!" I told her to throw it and he immediately ran and brought it back and she had a fit lol.

They must have! Baxter doesn't get the concept of fetch. He watches you throw a ball with an expression like 'why would you do that?' and then rolls on it like its a massage ball on his back. He does enjoy killing his toys though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I know I'm not even talking about the movie anymore but I love animals so much I'll talk about them all the time lol.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, SaraK said:

The beginning of this movie made me sad - who is selling kittens for five bucks, and then just abandons the ones that are left? Poor baby. I wanted to give him a hug.  It probably doesn't help that I spend two days a week volunteering at an animal shelter, adopting out those same animals. 

Also, I'm insanely tempted to get the same set up for my dog that Georgette has. He already has his own bedroom since he took over the guest room with his toys. 

IMG_3997.jpg

My cats have essentially their own room too. It's because I put the cat stuff in what should be a guest room until "I get around to organizing it" and that was two years ago when I moved. This has more or less expanded into every room being the cat room when I put up shelves specifically for the cats in the living room. 

• Like 3

We have three cats, a tuxedo, a black cat, and then some mixed up fat faced thing that cries like a kitten despite being the biggest of the three. I'll try to get pics later.

• Like 4

SIDEBAR:

Grudlian, what is happening? Is Paul singing about fuckin’? At least give a metaphor, bro!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, CameronH said:

SIDEBAR:

Grudlian, what is happening? Is Paul singing about fuckin’? At least give a metaphor, bro!

Ha. I almost posted here in the mini thread about this song in case you hadn't heard it.

When I saw he called a song this, I figured there's no way but, no, Paul just writing a song clearly about fucking. It was a struggle not to laugh at work and I immediately had to text a friend who is a bigger Paul fan than me. We both like the music okay but...uhhh... those lyrics. I hope the album at least has unedited "fuck you"

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

Ha. I almost posted here in the mini thread about this song in case you hadn't heard it.

When I saw he called a song this, I figured there's no way but, no, Paul just writing a song clearly about fucking. It was a struggle not to laugh at work and I immediately had to text a friend who is a bigger Paul fan than me. We both like the music okay but...uhhh... those lyrics. I hope the album at least has unedited "fuck you"

LOL - Nope, I pre-ordered it and that's the title and those are the lyrics. I agree, the music is fine, but you're right, the lyrics are something else. I guess (maybe) the way he sings "I wanna Fuh You" kinda  sounds like "I want to love you" so it can be taken both ways.

I don't know. I just find this whole thing so shocking!

giphy.gif

Paulie, why...

Also, um... shouldn't it be "INCOMPLETE Lyric Video"? Let's get it right.

(I promise I'll post a pic of our cats, once I stop being lazy and get the pics off my phone.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CameronH said:

LOL - Nope, I pre-ordered it and that's the title and those are the lyrics. I agree, the music is fine, but you're right, the lyrics are something else. I guess (maybe) the way he sings "I wanna Fuh You" kinda  sounds like "I want to love you" so it can be taken both ways.

I don't know. I just find this whole thing so shocking!

giphy.gif

I think you're really giving him some leeway with "I want to love you" being a possibility. But I could see Paul having some dumb explanation like "You know, 'fuh' could mean anything. Sure, it could mean go to bed with someone, but it could be whatever you want it to be."

On one hand, it's worse in my mind that Paul isn't willing to to just sing "I want to fuck you." On the other hand, I think it would be worse if he sang it straight out. I'm torn on how to react except it's just so weird.

• Like 1

The other thing is none of these three songs are good enough to be lead singles. They are okay but almost every Paul album has a couple great songs then a bunch of perfectly fine but just okay songs. These three songs should be middle of the album tracks at best. So, I'm worried about the album as a whole if these are the best of the bunch. This is giving me real Driving Rain vibes where I didn't particularly hate any song but I didn't particularly love any song.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

I think you're really giving him some leeway with "I want to love you" being a possibility. But I could see Paul having some dumb explanation like "You know, 'fuh' could mean anything. Sure, it could mean go to bed with someone, but it could be whatever you want it to be."

On one hand, it's worse in my mind that Paul isn't willing to to just sing "I want to fuck you." On the other hand, I think it would be worse if he sang it straight out. I'm torn on how to react except it's just so weird.

So weird. And because I’m a big ole fuddy-duddy, I looked up “fuh” in Urban Dictionary (SPOILER ALERT: it means “fuck”) Now I’m thinking Paul’s just trying to be cool. Next thing you know he’s going to write a song about being “on fleek.”

Also, it calls into question his other song on the album “Come On to Me.” It feels like Paul got old - and incredibly horny.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

The other thing is none of these three songs are good enough to be lead singles. They are okay but almost every Paul album has a couple great songs then a bunch of perfectly fine but just okay songs. These three songs should be middle of the album tracks at best. So, I'm worried about the album as a whole if these are the best of the bunch. This is giving me real Driving Rain vibes where I didn't particularly hate any song but I didn't particularly love any song.

Totally. I’ll take what I can get, but this really isn’t his best work (I do like them more than Driving Rain, though)

ETA: Okay...”Fuh You” is starting to grow on me. It’s kind of a fun (if stupid) singalong :P

• Like 1

May I ask what your fave McCartney albums are?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CameronH said:

Also, it calls into question his other song on the album “Come On to Me.” It feels like Paul got old - and incredibly horny.

This was my thought as well. Before I thought maybe he didn't pick up on the possible meaning of come onto me but now...

He's probably thinking "I did 'Why Don't We Do It In The Road' 50 years ago. I'm cool enough to say this now"

As for Driving Rain, this is a little bit better so far. But I liked Driving Rain a lot when it came out then cooled off pretty hard on it. It's probably his weakest album of originals since the 80s.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JammerLea said:

If I had to do a top 5, I'd say Mccartney, Ram, Band On The Run, Tug Of War, Flaming Pie which I think are all pretty safe choices.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

If I had to do a top 5, I'd say Mccartney, Ram, Band On The Run, Tug Of War, Flaming Pie which I think are all pretty safe choices.

I love Tug of War and Flaming Pie. I feel like I really need to get Ram sometime. My roommate got me the re-release of Flowers in the Dirt and I was enjoying that, but haven't listened to it that much yet to really have a strong opinion. I have a few of his albums after Flaming Pie, but I think even with those there's just a couple songs that I really like, and the rest I'm a little eh about.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JammerLea said:

Tough question. At times I think it would have been amazing had the Beatles stayed together because you'd only keep the solid solo stuff and get rid of all the filler. 

McCartney, Tug of War, Flaming Pie, Band on the Run, and Ram are all solid. Ram has some of my absolute favorite solo Paul songs with "Dear Boy" and "Back Seat of my Car." Flowers in the Dirt has some fantastic songs, but a lot of meh. I love "Put it There," "This One," and "We Got Married." I also think New is a solid (full) album - which is why I'm probably a little more disappointed in Egypt Station than I would be otherwise.

Honestly, though, I can probably find something I love on every album - even Press to Play :P

• Like 1