đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—

Plot from Fandango:

"Set against the backdrop of the 17th-century Tulip Wars, a married noblewoman (Alicia Vikander) has an affair with an artist (Dane DeHaan) and switches identities with her maid to escape the wealthy merchant she married. She and her lover try to raise money together by investing what little they have in the high-stakes tulip market."

This movie is one of the biggest messes I've ever had the pleasure of seeing in theaters.  Not only does it boast an incredible cast, from Alicia Vikander, Christoph Waltz, and Dame Judi Dench to Zach Galifanakis and Matthew Morrison (from Glee), among other baffling names, not only was it shot in 2014 and delayed all the way to 2017 in a limited-as-hell release, but it also happens to hold the title of the last theatrically released film by The Weinstein Company.  Apparently, the movie was retooled and re-edited after years of test screenings and work done by Harvey "Scissorhands" Weinstein, and it really shows in the final product.  The film is extremely baffling, and yet it's so constantly fascinating because of how baffling of a trainwreck it is.  Plus, despite what the trailers tell you, the movie centers a lot around the "tulip mania" craze of the 17th century.  There's that going on, and there are also multiple romances going on at the same time?  I feel like this is the perfect movie to sit down, watch, and then ask yourself afterwards "How Did This Get Made?"

Tulip_Fever_poster.jpg

That sounds like a boring mess. The tulip craze? What were they thinking?!

i really want them to do Country Bears.  I see that being an episode that could be QUITE hilarious 

Sign in to follow this