🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
kmbouw

Simply Irresistible (1999)

This is not the worst movie that I have ever seen, but it is the first movie that I've forgotten that I was watching while it was on.

Simply Irresistible, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0145893/, 1999 Sarah Michelle Gellar movie about a baker that actually creates magic in the kitchen. There are a few scenes where people start floating towards the ceiling.

Quite possibly the worst "romantic comedy" (I use that term loosely here) ever and I've seen a lot of romantic comedies. It stars Sarah Michelle Gellar and I bought it on a whim during the height of my Buffy obsession and despite numerous attempts, no one will buy the movie back or even allow me to donate it to charity.

To sum up the movie: magical crabs, random dance numbers, and some great fog machine work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNhbjTllZR4

This was the one where SMG showed her range by playing someone with a different hair color. You think I'm kidding, but I remember seeing her in interviews at the time where she stressed that "In this one, I'm a brunette...". Game? Changed!

Much as I love SMG, she clearly has a very limited range. Whedon got some magic out of her, but I've rarely seen her in anything else that I enjoyed. Other than Cruel Intentions, of course.

Cruel-Intentions-Kathryn-Merteuil-sarah-michelle-gellar-25441597-500-219_zpsaef8fbaa.gif

This came on today and I cant get through the first 25 minutes. 13% on Rotten Tomatoes is too fair.

Fun Depressing fact: This was the last movie Gene Siskel reviewed before he died.

This movie was the first time i'd seen Powder without the powder. I'd just assumed he was a natural albino.

Much as I love SMG, she clearly has a very limited range. Whedon got some magic out of her, but I've rarely seen her in anything else that I enjoyed. Other than Cruel Intentions, of course.

Cruel-Intentions-Kathryn-Merteuil-sarah-michelle-gellar-25441597-500-219_zpsaef8fbaa.gif

Considering her work on "Buffy" (not to mention her two guest spots on "Angel") as well as some of her film work including the likes of "Cruel Intentions" and "Veronika Decides to Die," I'll have to very much agree to disagree on that.

She's underrated/underestimated, in my opinion.

Well, in Angel she's playing the same character so I feel like that was a already a given. And like I said, I love her in Cruel Intentions. But she's been pretty mediocre in most everything else.

Well, in Angel she's playing the same character so I feel like that was a already a given. And like I said, I love her in Cruel Intentions. But she's been pretty mediocre in most everything else.

Again, will just have to agree to disagree.

This movie sounds like it would pair up nicely with Just My Luck.

Sign in to follow this