🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Alex Murphy

Red Riding Hood (2011)

So my girlfriend and I may be halfway through Red Riding Hood...

Ho. Lee. Shit. This is a GEM of all-around bad movie-dom.

Red Riding Hood (2011)

1.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1486185/

Starring:

Amanda Seyfried (Mean Girls, Mamma Mia, LE MIZZ)

Written by:

David Johnson (Wrath of the Titans, Orphan)

Directed by:

Catherine Hardwicke (TWILIGHT!@!*)

Synopsis:

"Set in a medieval village that is haunted by a werewolf, a young girl falls for an orphaned woodcutter, much to her family's displeasure."

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM8V3cHdSC4

The trailer parody, Locks of Gold, was more entertaining that the actual movie:

Hello Paul, June, and Jason!

I sent an email of this, but was told writing on the boards would be the best way to suggest a movie, so sorry if this is a bit repetitive!

I wanted to recommend a movie to you all that I saw several years ago--the 2011 Amanda Seyfried-starring, Leonardo DiCaprio-produced classic "Red Riding Hood." It was directed by Catherine Hardwicke, who directed the first "Twilight" film, so it injects the Little Red Riding Hood with a teen romance vibe. But it also tries to have a little bit of a Angela Carter-ish vibe to it, all wrapped up in some laughable dialogue and over-the-top performances. I remember seeing it in a theater with my mom and sisters, and me and my sisters laughing a whole lot during the film.

It received a paltry 10% on Rotten Tomatoes, and was named one of the Top 10 Worst Movies of 2011 by Time Magazine. Roger Ebert, who gave it a 1 star review, described it as "a movie that cross-pollinates the 'Twilight' formula with a werewolf and a girl who always wears a red-hooded cape, although I don't recall her doing any riding...it has the added inconvenience of being serious about a plot so preposterous, it demands to be filmed by Monty Python."

Thanks for all the great episodes! Hope you "enjoy" the film, if you decide to watch it. I hope you'll consider it for the show!

Red Riding Hood is a bizarre version of little red riding hood with a talking werewolf and a complicated family tree, and all the supernatural drama you might expect from a modern take on a fairy tale. Please watch this movie, if for no reason other than the first time you hear the wolf talk. 

Same year as Beastly, around the time when every fairytale needed the dark, gritty, "Grimm" treatment. Snow White and the Huntsman, Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters

Sign in to follow this