🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
blacksparrow86

Supergirl (1984)

Think this would be a perfect addition to the podcast now that we have the Supergirl TV show and BvS is coming out soon.

• Like 1

Yes! Thumbs up to this idea. I loved and watched this movie so much as a kid my big sister eventually "accidentally" broke the VHS of it. I watched it again last year and I was shocked at how bad it actually was. Perhaps the worst part about it is that the female characters are these super powerful ladies who are 100% motivated by 1. proving they aren't total fuck ups and 2. men.

The plot is focused on and driven by a mute version of a poor man's 70s Travolta if you slapped him with a stupid stick.

I would love to hear what June has to say about this.

At least Faye Dunaway and Peter O'Toole really chew up the scenery.

• Like 1

Bump bump bump.

I just watched this and boy is it perfect for HDTGM. They've already done Superman 3 and 4. This is right in that wheelhouse.

• Like 1

I strongly URGE this podcast to review Supergirl (1984)! I just watched the superior "international cut" and it even was colossal clusterfuck of squandered talent, poor filmmaking, and unbridled camp. Since Superman III, IV, and Man of Steel have already been covered, I think it important in this new era of gender equality and #MeToo to review this highly problematic motion picture which, I felt, surpasses Superman III in levels of failed humor and setting back the genre decades.

On 1/30/2019 at 9:17 AM, Scary_Mirage said:

I strongly URGE this podcast to review Supergirl (1984)! I just watched the superior "international cut" and it even was colossal clusterfuck of squandered talent, poor filmmaking, and unbridled camp. Since Superman III, IV, and Man of Steel have already been covered, I think it important in this new era of gender equality and #MeToo to review this highly problematic motion picture which, I felt, surpasses Superman III in levels of failed humor and setting back the genre decades.

Don’t think they ever did Man of Steel.

I wonder how Helen Slater feels now that she plays Kara's adoptive Mom on the CW series.