đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
JulyDiaz

Episode 197 - Beastly: LIVE!

On 9/14/2018 at 5:08 PM, tomspanks said:

In the scene where we first meet Kyle's father, Kyle has to send a text to him to share the news about the school election:

tUyTgkc.png

Monday, May 17.  Then presumably the next day, Kyle receives a text that the "witch is mad":

8fJgJMM.png

But now it's Tuesday, April 27, about 3 weeks in the past.  

It's a funny goof, but I find it more interesting that the school would hold elections at the end of the school year.  I've never seen that before.

I came here to see if anybody else noticed this. It's such lazy filmmaking. There's no way the scenes were in a different order. And a Spring election really makes no sense. The only thing I could think of was that they were working backwards from the Halloween party? There's no reason why the election couldn't be in the fall.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RyanHorn said:

I came here to see if anybody else noticed this. It's such lazy filmmaking. There's no way the scenes were in a different order. And a Spring election really makes no sense. The only thing I could think of was that they were working backwards from the Halloween party? There's no reason why the election couldn't be in the fall.

Just to play devil's advocate about timing of the vote, we always did our voting the year before in the spring. Kinda like how America votes in November but nothing goes into effect until the next January. So we would've voted in May and then by August the elected officials could get right to "work."

• Like 4

On 9/14/2018 at 6:08 PM, tomspanks said:

It's a funny goof, but I find it more interesting that the school would hold elections at the end of the school year.  I've never seen that before.

It seems counter-intuitive, but that's how my high school did it. That way everyone was already in place at the beginning of the next school year. For example, you would elect who is going to be your Senior Class president at the end of Junior year. Not only does this give them time over the Summer to get prepared and have meetings and whatnot, but you're not wasting time holding an election at the beginning of the year that would just eat up their time in office.   

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

Just to play devil's advocate about timing of the vote, we always did our voting the year before in the spring. Kinda like how America votes in November but nothing goes into effect until the next January. So we would've voted in May and then by August the elected officials could get right to "work."

You beat me to it by 3 minutes... :P

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CameronH said:

It seems counter-intuitive, but that's how my high school did it. That way everyone was already in place at the beginning of the next school year. For example, you would elect who is going to be your Senior Class president at the end of Junior year. Not only does this give them time over the Summer to get prepared and have meetings and whatnot, but you're not wasting time holding an election at the beginning of the year that would just eat up their time in office.   

Ok, but they still didn't have the election and travel 3 weeks back in time. Or maybe Mary Kate did that as part of the curse?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RyanHorn said:

Ok, but they still didn't have the election and travel 3 weeks back in time. Or maybe Mary Kate did that as part of the curse?!

Oh yeah that's still absolutely laziness turned up to 11.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, taylorannephoto said:

All I keep thinking about is how he's the next biggest white rapper. Lil Beastly.

Honestly Kendra did him a FAVOR . Post Malon (who I see may apparently be cursed by a "paranormal entity" . It was the first thing I saw when I  Googled who he was as I am not hip to the newest flavor of white douche bro the kids are into.  )may have his awful barb wire hairline tattoo but Lil' Beastly ACTUALLY has barb wire in his face AND IS CURSED. YOUR MOVE POST!  I think we just found the saddest rap beef of the millennium.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gigitastic said:

Honestly Kendra did him a FAVOR . Post Malon (who I see may apparently be cursed by a "paranormal entity" . It was the first thing I saw when I  Googled who he was as I am not hip to the newest flavor of white douche bro the kids are into.  )may have his awful barb wire hairline tattoo but Lil' Beastly ACTUALLY has barb wire in his face AND IS CURSED. YOUR MOVE POST!  I think we just found the saddest rap beef of the millennium.

There's also Lil Xan who I found out about due to Who Charted lmao. Natasha Leggero just posted a photo of him with the headline, "Lil Xan's manager told him to stop getting face tattoos."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

There's also Lil Xan who I found out about due to Who Charted lmao. Natasha Leggero just posted a photo of him with the headline, "Lil Xan's manager told him to stop getting face tattoos."

I only know that name because my favorite snarky gossip blog just started a podcast and they mentioned he gave Billy Ray Cyrus a bong?  I like to pretend it's actually Xanthippe from Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Because of course she became a soundcloud rapper . In my head those aren't tattoos though they're permanent marker because I refuse to actually Google this person. I'm skeeveved out enough after the .05 seconds of looking up Post Malon.  If scabies ever gained human form...

2 hours ago, RyanHorn said:

And maybe it’s me but the hands look like they belong to the same person.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CameronH said:

Enjoy your summer meetings, nerds!

• Like 5

I watched this movie way back at the beginning of July before I went to the show. By the time I went to the show, I'd already forgotten most of the movie because it was so terrible and forgettable. When the episode dropped on Friday I went back to look at my notes to see if I had any insights to share with you guys, only to find I had taken no notes on this movie. I feel a bit like June having totally forgotten this movie immediately after watching it.

That being said, this show and this episode were golden. The diarrhea face had me rolling.

• Like 2

Guys, I checked into bus routes, and it's starting to look really difficult to get from NYC to Machu Picchu.  You can go from NYC to Mexico, but that's where it starts to get tricky.

"When you reach the Mexican border, all passengers need to get off the bus and collect all their belongings, including checked baggage. You’ll be asked by immigration what the reason is for your trip, and they may want to inspect your baggage."

Now it's time for Central America.

"Since most of the locals in Central America travel only short distances there are very few direct long-distance bus routes. However there are several large companies that operate buses across Central America, from Southern Mexico all the way to Panama City, providing comfortable and direct long-distance services for travelers. Long distance buses mostly connect large cities and towns, but they also travel to popular tourist destinations such as the Tikal Ruins and the colonial town of Antigua in Guatemala, as well as the Copán Ruins in Honduras, just to name a few."

You have to go from Panama into Colombia, then make a long trip down to Peru.  There was an alternative going from Costa Rica to Colombia.  I gave up looking for how to do it when I got this far.

"Thus far, we’ve logged about 3 days, or 73 hours, on buses from Bogotá to Lima, which doesn’t include day trips or excursions."

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, IRONicmerMAN said:

Guys, I checked into bus routes, and it's starting to look really difficult to get from NYC to Machu Picchu.  You can go from NYC to Mexico, but that's where it starts to get tricky.

"When you reach the Mexican border, all passengers need to get off the bus and collect all their belongings, including checked baggage. You’ll be asked by immigration what the reason is for your trip, and they may want to inspect your baggage."

"Since most of the locals in Central America travel only short distances there are very few direct long-distance bus routes. However there are several large companies that operate buses across Central America, from Southern Mexico all the way to Panama City, providing comfortable and direct long-distance services for travelers. Long distance buses mostly connect large cities and towns, but they also travel to popular tourist destinations such as the Tikal Ruins and the colonial town of Antigua in Guatemala, as well as the Copán Ruins in Honduras, just to name a few."

You have to go from Panama into Colombia, then make a long trip down to Peru.  There was an alternative going from Costa Rica to Colombia.  I gave up looking for how to do it when I got this far.

"Thus far, we’ve logged about 3 days, or 73 hours, on buses from Bogotá to Lima, which doesn’t include day trips or excursions."

I'm beginning to wonder what the carbon footprint would be of such a trip vs. an airline. For people involved in whatever "green" committee they're on, I would think that would be a consideration. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IRONicmerMAN said:

I was trying to figure this out too, before I commented on the original post. I figured out that you could get from NYC to Mexico City to Panama City to Bogota, Colombia in approximately 165 hours. I couldn’t figure out a route any further past Bogota, so thank you for finding out it’s another 73 hours to get to Lima, which would be the biggest major city in Peru to have a bus station. However, driving from Lima to Cusco (the nearest town to Machu Picchu) would take about 19 hours because Cusco is up in the mountians and Lima is on the coast. Also you would have to go by car or van since buses don’t typically travel there because it’s an extremely difficult trip. Like even travel agencies and people from Peru don’t recommend you try driving there.

So it would take approximately 257 hours, or 10 and a half days, to drive from New York City to Machu Picchu, ONE WAY, not including pit stops, vehicle transfers, and immigration checks.

Again, why wouldn’t you just fly there?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

I'm beginning to wonder what the carbon footprint would be of such a trip vs. an airline. For people involved in whatever "green" committee they're on, I would think that would be a consideration. 

Well they are the "green" party after all

So we know plastic surgery wouldn’t work on Kyle’s skin.  Made me wonder, did he try concealer for his face tattoos? 🤔

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

So we know plastic surgery wouldn’t work on Kyle’s skin.  Made me wonder, did he try concealer for his face tattoos? 🤔

He could have gone to Ulta and spent a whoppin' $34 for what's considered the best tattoo concealer ever made.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomspanks said:

It wouldn’t work because...

giphy.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomspanks said:

I would be concerned with concealer getting into those wounds. Eek! 

• Like 3

Oh also since it came up in the show: Kendra is immortal because she’s a witch. I can’t remember if she is 17 years  old and just stays the same age, or if she’s like 300 and she uses her powers to make herself look young (because she can disguise herself to look differently.)

In one of the spin-off books to Beastly (there’s like 4 of them) we find out that Kendra is from the 1660s and a plague wiped out her whole village when she was 17. She had spent a lot of time learning alchemy from the village crazy lady who wouldn’t you know ended being a witch. Somehow the witchcraft ended up protecting Kendra from the plague but her whole family died in front of her. She was kind of bitter about it, but she also knew something was up and figured she should practice her new witch powers.

For the next 300 years she would try to help others that SHE thought would need help, such as our boy Kyle here, and sometimes it turned out okay but other times people ended up dying, or she would accidentally cause a witch hunt. She’s gotten in trouble a few times and other older witches would scold her, so she often tries to lay low. She’s chilling at the high school because that’s where a teenager would be.

So Kendra is a well-meaning witch, but I think because she’s technically a teenager, she doesn’t have all the foresight when it comes to “helping” people.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

I would be concerned with concealer getting into those wounds. Eek! 

He’s already got metal in there lol

1 hour ago, CameronH said:

It wouldn’t work because...

giphy.gif

Yet he could cover up his back of the head tattoos with a hoodie.  Hoodies > magic?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

Yet he could cover up his back of the head tattoos with a hoodie.  Hoodies > magic?

The hoodie only highlights his fugly mug and makes him even more self-conscious. He’s not insecure about the back of his head. 

The hoodie is the tool of Kendra.

• Like 3