🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 36 — Cheating

Would it be cheating if I just copy-and-pasted a dictionary definition of "cheating" as the episode description, embellishing it with specifics about this show? No? In that case: Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game (like bicycling, which our guest Michael Creed knows all about) or examination. That's nuts!

I'm going to start using "my bicycle feet hurt right now" as a pick-up line. It still counts if I just take spinning classes at the gym, right?

damn, I love this podcast. Also, when David tried to compare cheating to cards and mentioned the pot I immediately questioned to myself, marijuana? Thanks for being my voice Tig!

Double blood coming out of both noses! *At this point I started making weird giggling sounds on the bus trying to suppress my LOLs and ROFLs.

"What's Nuts?" has instantly become my favorite part of the show. Really there should just be more T+K+D saying things in unison in general.

I have started using "that's nuts" in conversation 2-3x a day recently...as in...the past week or two. Just kinda slipped in there somehow. And when I say it, half the time I giggle a little to myself & think of the show.

Thanks for keeping it real, friends.

You guys are the best. I really hope "Double Blood" joins the callback lineup.

I am a manager of a poker room, where obviously cheating is an issue we watch carefully for. It's difficult for players to cheat when we have assigned dealers, however the "staying technically within the rules" but taking advantage phenomenon, as described by David, is something I run into now and again. In poker, this is called "angle shooting", and is basically considered equivalent to cheating. It is difficult to enforce, because the intent of the player has to be interpreted, and they of course fall back on "it's in the rules!" where we as arbitrator have to explain that they are not playing within the spirit of the game. Luckily, the #1 rule in poker explains that the spirit of fairness is paramount, and the floor person (basically referee) has the responsibility to keep the game fair even if it means not enforcing a technical rule.

Just wanted to share that. Keep up the great work, everyone!

This one had it all. Kyle's poem, slipped in very late in the episode, a forced "What's nuts?" and then regrets about not being able to "That's nuts!" other things, veiled drug references, a knockout Ball mention, what more could this old Blastronaut hope for? Well, how about a dose of "double-blood" through "both noses"! Delightful! I caught the "throwaway" reference to "the hatch" as the show's premise continues to get a comically brilliant short shrift! The special "hello" and sung pre-sign-off, just prior to Tig's actual sign-off are quickly becoming required elements. And the Aaron put-downs are so uplifting! Truly a comic everyman.

Can the show get better? Would that even be a good thing? Will my upcoming appearance jinx and derail the whole thing? I hope so. Yes. And I hope not!

I LOVE this podcast. I LOVE Tig, Kyle and David. And Aaron. And Justin.

I do listen to other podcasts. I hope that's not considered....cheating! Ha ha. Oh, what fun!

Well, that been comments.

Sign in to follow this