🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
kcoops

Hugo

The dialog is awful, the plot is riddled with loose ends, the casting is confusing. I don't understand why anyone would think Scorsese could do a kids movie.

Hugo is a beautifully shot piece of insanity with an interesting plot and an amazing prop team. But that doesnt excuse Jude Law's death scene which is goddamn nonsense. He hears something in a hallway opens up a pair of doors to a black and white hallway that erupts in some of the worst fire effects i've seen since Phantasmagoria, and is immediately consumed in flame.

Also, at one point Sacha Baron Cohen grabs a child, asks him if he has any parents and responds with "Excellent!" when the child answers that he doesn't. Oh and the main character in this movie is made twice an orphan. This was a kids movie right?

Good movie or not, the team would have a million things to say about it.

Also, at one point Sacha Baron Cohen grabs a child, asks him if he has any parents and responds with "Excellent!" when the child answers that he doesn't. Oh and the main character in this movie is made twice an orphan. This was a kids movie right?

Seems pretty standard for a fairytale. Seriously, go to your local library and read the original Grimm's tales if they have it (most likely to be in historical --not children's) and see how damn gloomy people used to be.

Well I know that dead parents are in essentially every disney cartoon. And I just rewatched the Hunchback of Notre Dame and lord knows that movie is some dark nonsense even when its been toned down.

Still it feels odd to see a scene where an adult man taunts a child for being an orphan before gleefully sending him to the orphanage.

I understand why film lover's appreciate the movie for its ode to the beginning of film. But as a stand-alone movie its just insane.

Sign in to follow this