🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 199 - A Night In Heaven: LIVE!

Am I the only person who felt like this was a horror movie/ thriller? Rick is straight up STALKING  Lesley Anne Warren.  

So if Bike boi really wanted to get another job he and Leslie should think about moving. I did a little ( so little) research ( I found a website that lists businesses by what they do) and apparently if he's really serious about getting work he should be looking to move possibly to  California (21), Texas (16), or Alabama (14 tied with Florida but I bet there's far less weird strip clubs so...win?). These are all in the category of "Missile and Rocket Manufacturers in the United States".  Which is where we have a problem. Because he's a bitch boi and refuses to work on any missiles.

So let's just focus on places he could work.

There are at least 5 companies in the"Space Vehicle" category in Florida, 6 are in California and Colorado, Texas, and Maryland tie for third place with 4 companies each.  

I think the best bet for him would be trying to a job at one of the eight companies listed as "Space Research and Development" . Particularly something called "Vanguard Space Technologies" because I think they make satellites and that gave me an excuse to whisper scream "GEOSTORM" while trying to make sense of this website last night at 3 am when I couldn't sleep. 

https://www.manta.com/mb_35_G02F9000_000/guided_missiles_and_space_vehicles?pg=1 

(Website in question.)

I have no idea why I'm even posting this it other than it seemed very important at the time.

• Like 4

Absolutely killing me that they are calling the Bryan Adams song "All That I Need" instead of its actual name which is "Heaven", both because this is one of my favorite songs of all time, and because it actually explains why they would use it in this movie. (Though not why Mr. Adams would allow them.)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, taylorannephoto said:

Legit I think this episode will go down as one of the greats. The amount of time spent on the beginning of the film had me in tears and battles Sleepaway Camp for funniest time spent on the first scene of the film! Tawney is an amazing All-Star guest and I hope y'all bring her back more if June can't make it! Or hell even if June can make it!

I loved both of Tawny's recent appearances. She is great. I was angered to see people on Twitter accused her of "shrieking" during this episode. Jason was for real shrieking and she just just trying to get a word in. LOL

• Like 7

Just now, Elektra Boogaloo said:

I loved both of Tawny's recent appearances. She is great. I was angered to see people on Twitter accused her of "shrieking" during this episode. Jason was for real shrieking and she just just trying to get a word in. LOL

It's so interesting how that always happens when certain women guest on the show đŸ€”

Also, did they not here her talk about how women DON'T shriek like the way this movie portrayed them?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

It's so interesting how that always happens when certain women guest on the show đŸ€”

Also, did they not here her talk about how women DON'T shriek like the way this movie portrayed them?

They LITERALLY did not.

Also I have started petition in ng the HDTGM Twitter to redo this movie with Nicole Byer so she can get a dick update. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Also I have started petition in ng the HDTGM Twitter to redo this movie with Nicole Byer so she can get a dick update. 

Omggg yes! Redo the episode like Jason wanted with June and Nicole!!!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

I'm sure that they heard her, but also heard her talking about how no man will ever say no to sex under any circumstances and figured she wasn't serious about gender stereotypes.

19 minutes ago, mduncan55 said:

I'm sure that they heard her, but also heard her talking about how no man will ever say no to sex under any circumstances and figured she wasn't serious about gender stereotypes.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

I'm sorry, I didn't know it was only a bad thing when it was about YOUR gender.  How silly of me.

55 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

Omggg yes! Redo the episode like Jason wanted with June and Nicole!!!

This is all I need in life! Please podcasting gods hear our plea!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hotironskillet said:

I have things to say about that scene at the art show. First off, what kind of art show is this? A student art show at the college? If not that, why is Rick even there? If it is a student art show, why would Lesley Ann's sister want to come to it? And what about the guys at the beginning of that scene who say "It's important to go to these events"? Why is it important? What is this event?

But what really struck me about the art show scene was how touchy feeling Lesley Ann's husband is with her sister and her with him. Patsy plays with his tie, he puts his arm around her, they lean into each other. They totally look like people who are having an affair. And that wouldn't have been out of place in this movie!

I agree with all of your thoughts here, especially the bit about Whitney and Patsy. I thought for sure it would be revealed they were cheating together.

Also, directly after the "it's important to go to these events" line, there were two women talking about how some man named Dr. Rollins was caught with a woman (a student??) in a closet and nothing happened to him over the whole thing!! I so desperately wanted to know more about that conversation. That whole art show scene was baffling in so many ways

• Like 2

Hey, guys! My Internet has been down for over 24 hours so I haven’t had a chance to listen to the episode or watch the movie. I’m on a Halloween movie high right now, so watching this kind of breaks my groove. Is it worth it? 

Thanks in advance :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

Hey, guys! My Internet has been down for over 24 hours so I haven’t had a chance to listen to the episode or watch the movie. I’m on a Halloween movie high right now, so watching this kind of breaks my groove. Is it worth it? 

BREAK YOUR GROOVE

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Personally I think that this script could have been part of a horror movie and when you factor in the various stripper costumes in my opinion it's practically a Halloween movie already! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChunkStyle said:

This movie had so many characters that took one step on a story arc and then just stopped right there.  The one I am most interested in though is Josephine who is an Artificial Intelligence????  At the very beginning of the movie when Whitney is finishing up his his night shift (why does a rocket designer need to work the night shift?) his little terminal screen pops up the question "Prior to 08:00 shut down, would you like access to Computer Games?".  That reads like an automated script not something a person would say.  But rather than just hitting the 'N' key Whitney replies by typing "Not tonight, Josephine".  So is Josephine a human who speaks like a robot?  Or did this movie give us a tiny glimpse at NASA's secret AI program which has been running since the early 80s?

Well, "Not tonight, Josephine," is a quote supposedly from Napoleon (when declining to sleep with his wife... like Whitney does later in the movie!), so maybe it's just idiosyncratic command syntax? Also, it plays "La Marseillaise," the French national anthem, furthering the connection. Not sure why it's eaten by a shark, though.

Regarding Rick's relationship with his mother, when she questions him about his grades, he distracts her by hugging her, picking her up and spinning her, and telling her she has a great ass[!]. His mother not only laughs this off, but says, "It sure is a good thing you're cute, kid." The whole thing is disconcertingly flirty.

Also, earlier in the same scene, his sister explains that she's late because she had to go to the 7-11 and was held up comforting a woman who was apparently in labor, but the baby never showed up so they took her home? This is yet another baffling scene that is never brought up again but can be shrugged off the explanation of "It's Florida."

• Like 6

So Patsy invited Lesley out to go see a movie . I have multiple questions about this.

1. I can understand why she might say I'll bring the gin but not why Leslie / she (I forgot who was to bring what) would bring the popcorn if they were actively GOING to the movies. You can't sneak a bag of microwave popcorn in a theater. ( though I have snuck chicken fingers and fries before. ) .

2. She decided NOT to go to the movies and to fuck a rando instead  or was that her plan all along?? Where did she meet this guy why couldn't her bone zone sesh wait ? She's the one who made these plans not Lesley Anne!

3. so she has her friends lure her sister into another strip club??? Why not just say I'm tried or I have a headache? It's not like Lesleydoesn't live in the area. I got the feeling Patsy activity wanted her sister to fuck her student.

4. Why the fuck does her one friend know she's banging it out with a stranger when she should be SPENDING TIME WITH HER SISTER AND WHY IS SHE COOL WITH COVERING FOR HER? Like way to be ride or die but I would be pissed if my sister made me come out in the rain and then blew me off to blow a stranger.

Also I assume they are fucking in Patsy's hotel room which she's sharing with Lesley. She better have gotten fresh linens on that bed.

Can’t watch the video on Vimeo link it says it doesn’t exist anymore. I never got to see it yet.. dammit! đŸ˜©

I just want to know if Rick ever paid the water bill like his Mom asked him several times...yelling it at him as he drove away with the girl in circus slut shorts (great line from tawny!)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, gigitastic said:

Am I the only person who felt like this was a horror movie/ thriller? Rick is straight up STALKING  Lesley Anne Warren.  

Yes! While they are in the car together cause it’s raining he looks at her so creepy and asks if she’s scared. I don’t remember if she answers but he says “don’t be” I really felt it would’ve fit right in with the movie if he said “you should be!”

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Val said:

Can’t watch the video on Vimeo link it says it doesn’t exist anymore. I never got to see it yet.. dammit! đŸ˜©

I had to watch it on Youtube last night.  It's a little blurry/low resolution but you can find the full thing there (for free).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

I had to watch it on Youtube last night.  It's a little blurry/low resolution but you can find the full thing there (for free).

It's uploaded in the mini episode