🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 199 - A Night In Heaven: LIVE!

3 hours ago, taylorannephoto said:

In the home is TOTALLY different than outside the home. My mom would hate it if I would wait to take my shoes off until I got to my room because I would track shit on the carpet. Plus there's an amazing episode of Fresh Off The Boat where they judge white people for wearing shoes inside because of all the germs from outside that then get taken throughout the whole house. I think the thing about white people and no shoes is more for outside because I definitely knew some dudes in college that would walk all around campus without any shoes on and I wouldn't be surprised if they needed at least one tetanus shot during their time there.

Yeah I know a lot of Asian cultures are big on taking your shoes off before going inside as a sign of respect. I grew up with in a  pretty relaxed white household and we tended to do the same but we never like forced guests to take their shoes off. It just feels weird to have your shoes on inside especially when you have carpet. I don't trust people who go barefoot outside. That's how you get tetanus, hookworm and God knows what else. Of course half my family does it.  The only thing worse are those weird glove like barefoot "shoes" 

Ugh 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Triple_Lindy said:

In all seriousness, he's dead right about the 50 Shades movies ... the shadows covering him up look spray painted on. Meanwhile, no one could possibly look less interested in being naked for 600 minutes of that franchise than Dakota Johnson, and she's a trooper about it the whole way through. Kevin Bacon as Christian Grey would've been 1000% more watchable.

So ... I live in an big condo complex. Does it count as "the home" when I go to the community recycling bins or run out to grab something out of the car? Do I have to wear shoes to go to community pool?

I await your ruling.

It's a short walk so yes. It's technically a part of your home environment, like if you had a driveway. I would judge you if you wore shoes in the pool, unless it was the kind with the painful rough "no slip" surface in which case pool shoes are fine.  Judgment is saved for those who don't wear shoes when on airplanes, or when out running errands etc. Places where other people have to be. Though I do confess feeling weirded out by people just being barefoot in their yard for long stretches of time. I don't get the appeal of sitting on the ground with or without a blanket either though so *shrugs*

And yeah 50 Shades would have been fantastic with Kevin Bacon in it.  For something that is supposed to be super sexy I've never felt so bored. Dakota tried but honestly she's just so bland. Both her and her character... there's not much to work with. I don't think even a great actress could have salvaged that trash fire. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gigitastic said:

Congratulations on your 500th post! 

I think you might enjoy this plea from fellow straight man who wants more dicks in stuff Kevin Bacon

#Freethebacon

Well of course he wants dongs to be shown more on screen, I mean have you seen that dude's hog? In other dong related news, did you guys hear that people online freaked out about a new issue of Batman where you could see the shadowed outline of his nude dong tip? It wasn't even really a closeup and it was in a shadow, but for some reason people were unprepared for Batdong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, RyanSz said:

Well of course he wants dongs to be shown more on screen, I mean have you seen that dude's hog? In other dong related news, did you guys hear that people online freaked out about a new issue of Batman where you could see the shadowed outline of his nude dong tip? It wasn't even really a closeup and it was in a shadow, but for some reason people were unprepared for Batdong.

Yes! I think  I read had to go back and edit it out of newer editions so now the first run or however comic printing works will one day be worth something because it's got Batdick in it

• Like 2

On 10/14/2018 at 10:12 PM, PollyDarton said:

Baby, you're all that I want

When you're lyin' here in my arms
I'm findin' it hard to believe
We're in heaven

Shouldn't it be "I'm findin' it hard to believe we're NOT in heaven"... finding it hard to believe we ARE in heaven doesn't sound like a compliment. Anybody got any thoughts on this?

I believe it's a case of punctuation.

When you're lyin' here in my arms,
I'm findin' it hard to believe.
We're in heaven.

image.png.69416db5a9bb5bddd8e14212be50967c.png

• Like 5

I'd like to know how Slick got her name. That's not a name that usually gets attached to a girl. Hell, I want to know more about Slick in general. The victim of a movie with way too much going on and zero focus.

Let's break down what we know of Slick:

• She's Tony's best friend's girlfriend
  • She does commercials for a car dealer
  • She has enough money to buy a decent car
  • She's friendly with Rick's mom
  • She has a sexy shower with Rick
  • She frequents Heaven

And I think that's it. What a waste.

Instead, maybe Slick is the person who runs Heaven, and she's cultivating a stable of young studs, and is frustrated that Rick is losing his focus on dancing, which is affecting her cash flow. So she sets up the shower to get LAW out of the picture, and get Rick back on track, but her plan gets short-circuited by NASA Bike?

But what would be nice to know is what happens to Rick, THE GUY WHO IS ON THE POSTER? He's left naked in a boat, with no resolution to his plotline.

• Like 3

Did you catch that in the airport, when Patsy returns to talk to LAW, she circles around behind her and ends up on her right? Who does that when having a conversation? My guess is that the actress considers that her best side, and she cheated to that side of there frame on purpose. The camera movement to get them in frame is hardly smooth.

That whole conversation is insane, how she goes from sad to happy to a sudden “Bye!” And the line "I wait for him to tell me what to do, and if I don't he cuts me off, sometimes for months"? Wait for him to tell her to do what? And he cuts her off from what? Sex?

14 hours ago, The_Triple_Lindy said:

Jesus Christ, there will never a better reason to love you guys than the fact that this stupid movie sent you to goddamn JSTOR to get academic articles about male strip clubs ... Grad School Trip salutes you all. I think I might be in

220px-Bryanadams_-_Heaven_Cover.jpg

😀 I'm an academic librarian. This is my bread and butter.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, FrancisRizzo3 said:

I'd like to know how Slick got her name. That's not a name that usually gets attached to a girl. Hell, I want to know more about Slick in general. The victim of a movie with way too much going on and zero focus.

Let's break down what we know of Slick:

• She's Tony's best friend's girlfriend
  • She does commercials for a car dealer
  • She has enough money to buy a decent car
  • She's friendly with Rick's mom
  • She has a sexy shower with Rick
  • She frequents Heaven

And I think that's it. What a waste.

Instead, maybe Slick is the person who runs Heaven, and she's cultivating a stable of young studs, and is frustrated that Rick is losing his focus on dancing, which is affecting her cash flow. So she sets up the shower to get LAW out of the picture, and get Rick back on track, but her [plan gets short-circuited by NASA Bike?

But what would be nice to know is what happens to Rick, THE GUY WHO IS ON THE POSTER? He's left naked in a boat, with no resolution to his plotline.

This movie would have been 100% better if it had been more about Slick and Rick and less about Lesley Ann and her sad sack husband.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, gigitastic said:

The only thing worse are those weird glove like barefoot "shoes"

I fucking haaaaate those shoes! One of the barefoot dudes when I was in college graduated to those at some point and I can confirm is was considerably worse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FrancisRizzo3 said:

IBut what would be nice to know is what happens to Rick, THE GUY WHO IS ON THE POSTER? He's left naked in a boat, with no resolution to his plotline.

Wait, you're right!!

Clearly, what happens is the teen witch from Beastly shows up, cursing him into a frog. Of course, he can't stop dancing, even though he's searching for true love's kiss. It's titled... The Princess and Michigan J. Frog  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FrancisRizzo3 said:

WHAT ABOUT HIS CLOTHES?!!!

18 hours ago, The_Triple_Lindy said:

So ... I live in an big condo complex. Does it count as "the home" when I go to the community recycling bins or run out to grab something out of the car? Do I have to wear shoes to go to community pool?

I await your ruling.

I've got some slip-on sandals that I keep by the door for such occasions.

• Like 1

Listening to the episode again after watching the film, and when they mention the idea of strip clubs in malls they make some jokes, but on Bellmore on Long Island, there's a strip club in a strip mall (too on the nose?) that hosts nights like Heaven (or at least they once did, as there are articles online about it.)

9 hours ago, FrancisRizzo3 said:

I assumed he drowned after Whitney shoots the boat.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SlidePocket said:

I assumed he drowned after Whitney shoots the boat.

Nah ... in Florida, the gators and snakes would've gotten to him before he had time to drown.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, The_Triple_Lindy said:

Nah ... in Florida, the gators and snakes would've gotten to him before he had time to drown.

The mosquitoes alone would have been too much for him

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DannytheWall said:

Wait, you're right!!

Clearly, what happens is the teen witch from Beastly shows up, cursing him into a frog. Of course, he can't stop dancing, even though he's searching for true love's kiss. It's titled... The Princess and Michigan J. Frog  

And then Madame Serena from Teen Witch finds him and turns him  human once again but he's now forced into being  her boy toy

56 minutes ago, SlidePocket said:

this is a prequel to the Blue Lagoon right?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FrancisRizzo3 said:

Did you catch that in the airport, when Patsy returns to talk to LAW, she circles around behind her and ends up on her right? Who does that when having a conversation? My guess is that the actress considers that her best side, and she cheated to that side of there frame on purpose. The camera movement to get them in frame is hardly smooth.

That whole conversation is insane, how she goes from sad to happy to a sudden “Bye!” And the line "I wait for him to tell me what to do, and if I don't he cuts me off, sometimes for months"? Wait for him to tell her to do what? And he cuts her off from what? Sex?

This entire conversation was really disconcerting!  Patsy's going on and on about how her husband controls her and, if she speaks up, he'll get angry, and LAW is just all, have you worn that dress? wear this perfume? Why would he be upset if you tell him you love him? Such bad advice! Besides, LAW hardly has any moral authority to tell her sister how to communicate with her (clearly) abusive husband. Ugh! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

this is a prequel to the Blue Lagoon right?

I mentioned it in the Mini thread, but I'm convinced this is also Miss Scarlet's origin story.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

I mentioned it in the Mini thread, but I'm convinced this is also Miss Scarlet's origin story.

If this movie had any balls, it would have been Mr. Scarlet in the skiff with the gun.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

Agreed! I bet she could have made BANK off selling NASA secrets . Worse comes to worse I'm sure the Kremlin would go wild for that stupid recumbent bike since everyone else wants it.

4 hours ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

This entire conversation was really disconcerting!  Patsy's going on and on about how her husband controls her and, if she speaks up, he'll get angry, and LAW is just all, have you worn that dress? wear this perfume? Why would he be upset if you tell him you love him? Such bad advice! Besides, LAW hardly has any moral authority to tell her sister how to communicate with her (clearly) abusive husband. Ugh! 

I want to see HER movie about a meek abused housewife who spends a weekend in Florida visiting her sister, going to male strip clubs, banging (presumably) a stripper/ random she meets from said club and finding herself so she can go home and leave her worthless piece of shit husband and have a successful life. Also maybe trying to sleep with her brother in law? They were wayyyy to close at that art gallery. She can wear the perfume and dress he likes while serving him divorce papers! 

On the subject of creepy controlling husband's when they first go to Heaven doesn't LAW say her husband doesn't know she drinks / approves?

• Like 3

I saw this movie when I was five years old. I didn’t rewatch it before listening to the podcast. The only parts I remember are the scene at the end when he gets abandoned with no clothes on in the boat and when the lady passes out at the sight of the stripper’s wiener. Both scenes horrified me enough that they stayed with me all these years. The rest is such a blur that listening to the podcast was like hearing comedians make fun of a dream you barely remember having. 

• Like 3