🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 101 — THUNDER!

Mark Duplassjoined us for this week's Totally Laime and his awesomeness was enough to make the heavens clap! Mark is an actor, film maker, musician, parent, foodie, and he's come prepared with hilarious stories of meeting fans, interesting theories about marijuana, and great advice for giving advice. It's enough to make you yell "The League fucking rules, dude!" Enjoy!

Awesome episode. I hope you guys get your big breaks soon, the podcast is awesome. I was just as excited as Mark when you admitted to being occasional stoners.

Wait, what show did Mark co-create? Because it's definitely not The League, which was created by the Schaffers.

Every week, like literally every single week, I crack up after Elizabeth reads the Oprah episode description, pauses and says "...Thoughts?"
-
By the way, I just started watching The League this past season and absolutely love it. If you haven't checked it out yet, fellow listeners, please do. It's easy to hop right in without having followed the series, and you don't have to know anything about fantasy leagues to follow.
-
Also, loving the Meg Myers songs on the episodes!

• Like 1

Mark must be such a good actor that I expected him to be like his character on The League (who is a major asshole) but was obviously delightful. Also, I liked how Andy seemed genuinely into the Honda role play.

I knew going in that I would enjoy the episode. What I didn't know was that I would hear a terrific song at the end of it.

great episode. thanks for continuing to get great and different and fun guests.

I also recently started watching The League. I was hesitant because I don't follow football at all, but love the cast so much I decided to try one epi and was hooked. I ended up watching the entire series over a couple of days. So great. I love all of the Duplass bros' mumblecore films and have had a crush on Mark since The Puffy Chair. When Mark first spoke about balancing fatherhood, I immediately thought of the bonus feature on The Baghead DVD where he and Jay both held their babies while discussing directing. I was so happy to hear him mention this himself. Major props to Totally Laime for booking such an awesome guest who I haven't heard on any other pod.

I think this was my 2nd favorite Totally Laime ever (behind Doug Benson of course) - great job you guys. Just keep booking guys from The League - Jason Mantzoukis would be fantastic on your show!

The League is one of the funniest shows on right now, FX really did a good job picking up shows done by amazing comedians, I mean giving Louis C.K. a basic cable show was a bold move that paid off. I'm not a football fan at all, but the league has shown me that fantasy football is the equivalent of jock Dungeons and Dragons, so the geek in me is now very interested.

Sign in to follow this