🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ApathyMonger

Comedy Bang Bang: The TV Series!

Coming soon from IFC: http://www.adweek.com/news/television/after-portlandia-premiere-ifc-plans-2-new-comedies-137364

"The second program IFC planned to announce is a comedy talk show called Comedy Bang! Bang! based on a podcast of the same name by comedian Scott Aukerman. Comedy Bang! Bang!, which is being produced by Abso Lutely Productions, is described by network insiders as a highly unrealistic version of a variety show—a mixture of Pee-wee Herman and Dick Cavett that will feature celebrity guests, comedy sketches, animation and music. The show's "bandleader" will be comedian Reggie Watts."

Congratulations to Scott and all involved. Looking forward to it already.

Hey, Jeff, Scott, and/or Caroline: are there any plans to make the series available on iTunes or Amazon (thereby allowing Earwolf listeners to support the show directly through buying season passes)?

according to scott in another thread:
"I don't know where someone was asking if it would be available on iTunes - but looks like they're doing that with Season 2 of Portlandia. So maybe? I'm not in charge of that."

• Like 1

I hope so... I have to assume some other podcast addicts like myself have long since given up on traditional forms of media like TV. Felt the same about the Nerdist TV show too.

I hope so... I have to assume some other podcast addicts like myself have long since given up on traditional forms of media like TV.

I agree -- I don't have cable, so I wouldn't be able to watch the episodes on IFC.

Of course, not being privy to the economics of TV on basic cable, I couldn't say that IFC is or isn't doing the right thing by having/not having CBB, the TV Series available for purchase on iTunes. All I can do is point to myself as a data point.

Sign in to follow this