🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 50 The Girl Can’t Help It

2 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Wow! Okay, we all need to really be keeping an eye out for this kind of stuff. I would have loved to own those! Thanks, Ghost :)

So what you're saying is you are the type to wear striped pajamas?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

She seemed almost charmed by his alcoholism. (Just wait until she finds out how terrible he is with money - Ooh-la-la!)

Alcoholism + terrible with money + failing business = triple threat! 

Be still my heart!

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

So what you're saying is you are the type to wear striped pajamas?

No way! I’m silk jammie-jams like TLC. 

giphy.gif

• Like 4

She seemed almost charmed by his alcoholism. (Just wait until she finds out how terrible he is with money - Ooh-la-la!)

Right?! And what was up with that crack about her mom being so awful that her father was driven to alcoholism? I'm pretty sure it's more than just your mom's fault your dad has a drinking problem. Though she's NEVER mentioned or shown again so maybe I'm wrong and Georgina's mom is a horrifically abusive person who has been ostracized by her entire family. Who knows?

I'm pretty sure they wrote Jayne's character as suffering from a full on Electra complex( side note fuck Freud FOREVER) . She seems to just wants to date a copy of her father? So maybe if Miller can get into some illegal gambling/ mafia business they should be set. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, gigitastic said:

Right?! And what was up with that crack about her mom being so awful that her father was driven to alcoholism? I'm pretty sure it's more than just your mom's fault your dad has a drinking problem. Though she's NEVER mentioned or shown again so maybe I'm wrong and Georgina's mom is a horrifically abusive person who has been ostracized by her entire family. Who knows?

I'm pretty sure they wrote Jayne's character as suffering from a full on Electra complex( side note fuck Freud FOREVER) . She seems to just wants to date a copy of her father? So maybe if Miller can get into some illegal gambling/ mafia business they should be set. 

I would have freaked the fuck out if she had put Miller in her father’s night shirt...

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

No way! I’m silk jammie-jams like TLC. 

giphy.gif

YES!!!!!!! TLC SILK PJ'S ARE EVERYTHING! If  I wasn't constantly overheating I would own a pair on every color. Instead I have cute matching pajama short sets. While I don't think I have any striped sets I do own a polka dot set, a Batgirl set and one pair of sleep shorts with skulls and lipstick pattern. I love pajamas! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, gigitastic said:

YES!!!!!!! TLC SILK PJ'S ARE EVERYTHING! If  I wasn't constantly overheating I would own a pair on every color. Instead I have cute matching pajama short sets. While I don't think I have any striped sets I do own a polka dot set, a Batgirl set and one pair of sleep shorts with skulls and lipstick pattern. I love pajamas! 

I threw that gif up and now I’m just lying in bed listening to TLC...😁 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

I would have freaked the fuck out if she had put Miller in her father’s night shirt...

I'm still upset Fats wore them. It was unnerving. I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of an old timey nghtgown situation on anyone but especially not a man in his 50s (you could have told me both male leads were anywhere from mid 40's to 50's and I would believe you. I'm awful with age). It's just unbecoming and unsettling.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

I threw that gif up and now I’m just lying in bed listening to TLC...😁 

You know I'm actually Googling TLC playlists now. TLC is truly fantastic and I personally love their music videos because you never know what's going to happen. Are we gonna be in a meadow? Are we going to be in a futuristic tin can? Dancing in pajamas? WHO KNOWS?! What I do know is that it will be fantastic and I'll enjoy every second of it!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, gigitastic said:

I'm still upset Fats wore them. It was unnerving. I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of an old timey nghtgown situation on anyone but especially not a man in his 50s (you could have told me both male leads were anywhere from mid 40's to 50's and I would believe you. I'm awful with age). It's just unbecoming and unsettling.

...but he put it on backwards! Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck.

(Seriously, I’m not surprised to hear that the writers had done cartoons before this as the “jokes” in this movie were straight-up Flintstones)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, gigitastic said:

You know I'm actually Googling TLC playlists now. TLC is truly fantastic and I personally love their music videos because you never know what's going to happen. Are we gonna be in a meadow? Are we going to be in a futuristic tin can? Dancing in pajamas? WHO KNOWS?! What I do know is that it will be fantastic and I'll enjoy every second of it!

I’ve always liked them, but I’d say my appreciation for them has really grown in the past year or so. They really were the whole package.

• Like 2

...but he put it on backwards! Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck.

(Seriously, I’m not surprised to hear that the writers had done cartoons before this as the “jokes” in this movie were straight-up Flintstones)

Speaking of jokes that are straight up cartoonish, how have we gotten this far and nobody has brought up the horrible 4th wall breaking ending! That is straight up Looney Tunes all the way with the iris out and person coming out of it. This movie has some corny stuff that's got take the cake though.

• Like 3

I have a soft spot for TLC because my sister and I have never really shared any musical tastes even still to this day. However back in the early mid-90s we both agreed that TLC was good and it was something that could be played without either of us complaining. Didn't stop my parents from complaining though.

Also my grandma, queen of the bad Christmas present bless her, thought it would be a great idea to get my sister and I silk pajamas when we 8 and 11 respectively. 8 year old me was none to thrilled to be getting pajamas and being told "but they are silk" still didn't make me want a Super Nintendo any less.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Cam Bert said:

Speaking of jokes that are straight up cartoonish, how have we gotten this far and nobody has brought up the horrible 4th wall breaking ending! That is straight up Looney Tunes all the way with the iris out and person coming out of it. This movie has some corny stuff that's got take the cake though.

In all fairness, the movie starts with a man breaking the fourth wall discussing the aspect ratios of the movie itself and being in color. So, it's going out the way it came in.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, EvRobert said:

Also, I liked this movie but it reminded me, weirdly, of blues Brothers and more specifically BB2K. Not because of story or WTFness, but becaue the music is SO much better then the story around it. 

So you're saying Barry (the paperboy) is Scribbles?

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2018 at 11:26 PM, gigitastic said:

100%.

Speaking of Julie London was her life REALLY ruined? I mean... we don't really get any story on her other than she's a star now and she didn't want to be?  Is she being forced to perform or is this like a Judy Garland being abused by the studios type situation? I'm sure she's under contract but she could not renew it when the time comes. Or if she's so tragically unhappy just say fuck it and let them have hung amounts of money and buy her way out somehow? Is Julie being held prisoner?  Did he sell his ex girlfriend into some form of musical servitude?  

I know it's a typo but I love "hung amounts of money".

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2018 at 11:57 PM, grudlian. said:

Without any teenagers in it! The largest non-adult role is that little boy who says "if Jayne Mansfield's a girl, then what is my sister?" He's probably under 10 years old.

He's like the little kid in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes who talks about Marilyn's animal magnetism.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Wow! Okay, we all need to really be keeping an eye out for this kind of stuff. I would have loved to own those! Thanks, Ghost :)

But those are the wrong color from what he was wearing in Jayne's bedroom.  Those must have been his own which means he WAS the type to wear striped pajamas.  Not only that, Jayne said those were HER pajamas, not ones she had bought for family members!  I rather doubt Tom could have fit into her pajamas.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2018 at 8:29 AM, Cinco DeNio said:

I know it's a typo but I love "hung amounts of money".

Oh my god HA! I kinda want to be hung with tons money now too?

• Haha 1