🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cinco DeNio

Musical Mondays Week 51 Preview (SlidePocket's 2nd Pick)

Speaking of Bette I just finished the book version of The First Wives Club and it was pretty good. It's a lot darker than the movie and has some annoying racism and homophobic stuff but mostly by like... the evil husbands so I'm trying to not let it bother me too much though I did find it annoying.  I was annoyed that the movie changed the character of Annie's daughter because in the book she's got 3 kids and her daughter has Downs Syndrome.  It always annoys me as a disabled person to see people with disabilities erased. But I guess that storyline (her husband steals money from said daughter's trust to buy stocks ) was too dark? I was also mad they changed Barbra's (Bette's role) plot. I don't know if anyone wants to read it so I don't know if I should spoil it but it's another missed opportunity though they do add a character with a somewhat similar plot line in the movie.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, gigitastic said:

I know Halloween is over technically but I will genuinely watch this any time of year just saying. And if Bette Midler sings in something it is automatically a musical classic. 

Damn.  Now the criteria is Bette Midler in it AND she has to sing!  There goes my choice of Other People's Money!

Never seen this! I could definitely be down for a rabbiting tonight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Triple_Lindy said:

Never seen this! I could definitely be down for a rabbiting tonight.

Cameron H. helped me get set up so it is ON!

1 minute ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Cameron H. helped me get set up so it is ON!

I've added Cameron H., TaylorAnnePhoto, The_Triple_Lindy and AlmostAGhost as friends.  I can't find WatchOutForSnakes on Rabbit.  I'll post a room link here for those who can't get in.  I can accept requests.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I've added Cameron H., TaylorAnnePhoto, The_Triple_Lindy and AlmostAGhost as friends.  I can't find WatchOutForSnakes on Rabbit.  I'll post a room link here for those who can't get in.  I can accept requests.

And gigitastic

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it tonight but y'all have fun! Hopefully soon I'll be able to actually dive back into discussions properly!

Just now, taylorannephoto said:

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it tonight but y'all have fun! Hopefully soon I'll be able to actually dive back into discussions properly!

I'm willing to do another Rabbit tomorrow or Sunday. I hope to do a special one for CamBert if he wants since this is probably hard to get hold of in Japan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I'm willing to do another Rabbit tomorrow or Sunday. I hope to do a special one for CamBert if he wants since this is probably hard to get hold of in Japan.

I can definitely do Sunday!

• Like 1

I might be able to be on tonight too, trying to remember my Rabbit user name...

11 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

I can definitely do Sunday!

What time works for you?

1 hour ago, EvRobert said:

I might be able to be on tonight too, trying to remember my Rabbit user name...

57 minutes ago, PollyDarton said:

I’ll be there! I’m on rabbit, too. 

You're both added as friends!

3 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I just signed up as WatchOutForSnakes

1 hour ago, Cinco DeNio said:

What time works for you?

Pretty much any time really. I made sure this weekend wasn't chalk full of photo related stuff because I'm EXHAUSTED lol!

51 minutes ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

I just signed up as WatchOutForSnakes

Added!

Would 6 or 7 p.m. Eastern be OK?  The movie is 2h15m so we'd finish just after 8 or 9.

50 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

Pretty much any time really. I made sure this weekend wasn't chalk full of photo related stuff because I'm EXHAUSTED lol!

I had three weddings left in 2018 to DJ and this was my plan for this weekend. Then I got an emergency call asking if I could DJ this weekend. so I'm working the next three Saturdays. I'm so ready for wedding season to be over with.

on a semi-related note, I worked as a "model" yesterday, filling in background shots, laying in a hospital bed, etc. for a marketing company who were taking pictures of a hospital remodel. I have so much respect for photographers who do this kind of work. All I was doing was sitting around for the most part and it was draining. I can't imagine trying to make pictures of a hospital look interesting LOL

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, EvRobert said:

I had three weddings left in 2018 to DJ and this was my plan for this weekend. Then I got an emergency call asking if I could DJ this weekend. so I'm working the next three Saturdays. I'm so ready for wedding season to be over with.

on a semi-related note, I worked as a "model" yesterday, filling in background shots, laying in a hospital bed, etc. for a marketing company who were taking pictures of a hospital remodel. I have so much respect for photographers who do this kind of work. All I was doing was sitting around for the most part and it was draining. I can't imagine trying to make pictures of a hospital look interesting LOL

So you're the evil Robbie Hart?

2Eot.gif

• Like 1

Just now, Cinco DeNio said:

So you're the evil Robbie Hart?

2Eot.gif

Yes, yes I am

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I messed up the hosting so I will fix it in the meantime and do 2 shows on Sunday: 6 p.m. Eastern and 9 p.m. Eastern.  I think the link above should work that day as well.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

I messed up the hosting so I will fix it in the meantime and do 2 shows on Sunday: 6 p.m. Eastern and 9 p.m. Eastern.  I think the link above should work that day as well.

MJtz.gif

😜😚

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2018 at 9:53 AM, Cinco DeNio said:

And gigitastic

I'm so sorry I missed last night! I had a *lovely* migraine and I spent the evening passed out half asleep listening to drag queens play Dungeons and Dragons trying to distract myself. Plus i had a cat by my head letting me pet his tummy in his attempt to help (let me have my delusions) so it wasn't all bad.  I hope you guys had fun!! See you at the Sunday showing!

• Like 1