🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

200th Mini Retrospective Clip Show Spectacular!

Join us as we celebrate 200th episodes of How Did This Get Made! We’ll hear from listener’s favorite moments of the show, Jason joins Paul to share his own favorite memories of the show, the favorite 5 episodes, most hated movie, and favorite catchphrase. Plus, all the usual mini-sode goodness!

Subscribe to Unspooled with Paul Scheer and Amy Nicholson here: http://www.earwolf.com/show/unspooled/

Check out our new website over at www.hdtgminfo.com!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli…wdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

@PaulScheer on Instagram & Twitter

@Junediane on IG and @MsJuneDiane on Twitter

Jason is still not on Twitter

Having just seen Skyscraper, it wasn't that bad if not a watered down Die Hard/Olympus Has Fallen ripoff.

One Hit Wonder of the Week:

"IF YOU HAVE FOREVER, DOES ANYTHING MEAN ANYTHING?" by 80s teen pop sensation June.

• Like 6

I love this episode. It should be one of the ones that is always available like the Howdies. It touched on a lot of great moments (even if there was no mention of BLOODSPORT). 

I am excited for SKYSCRAPER. Going to rent it tonight! 

• Like 6

Oh my God! It's been too long since I've heard that "What's its Mission?" clip. I'm dying. That's still so amazing. And Jason's laughter for "What's a Street Fighter" is pure joy. 

Thanks for 200 episodes! 

• Like 5

What's the character Amy Poehler plays that always says "and I've got one leg..." That is what I keep thinking of while watching Skyscraper. 

• Like 3

If u want explanation about action jackson maid or statue its not here.

Put her in bra was a big moment not mentioned here 

2 hours ago, AdrianFlynn said:

If u want explanation about action jackson maid or statue its not here.

Put her in bra was a big moment not mentioned here 

Yes, I am hoping the next minisode will have corrections and omissions for both Action Jackson and Skyscraper because there is still a lot to unpack from Action Jackson.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Question for you all. Now that Halloween is over, I need a new theme for the movies I watch (because my life demands order). Since there aren’t that many Thanksgiving Movies - besides Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, Dutch, and the Charlie Brown and Garfield Specials - I’m trying to find movies that are at least generally about gratitude, generosity, family, and thankfulness. It’s more the theme that matters, not the genre.

I’ve never seen them, but I’ve already placed Eat, Pray, Love, Tyler Perry’s Family Reunion, and The Pursuit of Happiness in my queue. Can you all think of anything else/better?

Thanks, guys! I know I can count on you!

(Of course, I only need enough for a few weeks, because once T-giving is over [maybe even slightly before], I am 100% on the Hallmark Christmas movie train and I’ll be on that sucker for the rest of the year :) )

• Like 4

It was great hearing some of these clips again. It's a true testament to the nature of this show that there can be so many great moments that I forget about some of the ones I loved the most. Here's to another 200 more great episodes!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Question for you all. Now that Halloween is over, I need a new theme for the movies I watch (because my life demands order). Since there aren’t that many Thanksgiving Movies - besides Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, Dutch, and the Charlie Brown and Garfield Specials - I’m trying to find movies that are at least generally about gratitude, generosity, family, and thankfulness. It’s more the theme that matters, not the genre.

I’ve never seen them, but I’ve already placed Eat, Pray, Love, Tyler Perry’s Family Reunion, and The Pursuit of Happiness in my queue. Can you all think of anything else/better?

(Of course, I only need enough for a few weeks, because once T-giving is over [maybe even slightly before], I am 100% on the Hallmark Christmas movie train and I’ll be on that sucker for the rest of the year :) )

Thankskilling is on Prime I think, the perfect Thanksgiving movie that will segue out of Halloween.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

According to Letterboxd somebody hasn't seen Paddington. That's a charming AF movie about family. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Cam Bert said:

According to Letterboxd somebody hasn't seen Paddington. That's a charming AF movie about family. 

I keep trying to watch it, and every time I try, something comes up and I have to stop watching. I think I’ve made it 1/4 through. The thing is, though, if I were really into it, I feel like I would remember to finish it. Yet I never do. I know everyone seems to love it, and I want to love it too (if only to validate our friendship), but maybe I just...don’t. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

There's Hannah And Her Sisters and Alice's Restaurant. I haven't seen Pieces Of April but I know it takes place on Thanksgiving.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Forgot to tell you that Amazon Prime started recommending Hallmark Christmas movies to me already. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

Forgot to tell you that Amazon Prime started recommending Hallmark Christmas movies to me already. 

Fuck yeah! Amazon knows what's up. I swear to God I would start watching them now, but I'm trying not to burn myself out on Christmas on the third day of November. I saw 12 Dates of Christmas come up the other day (thank you, Sara K) and I was so tempted to watch it.

I hope there will be a new Christmas Prince this year. That movie was amaze-balls. 2 more weeks and it's on...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

@Cameron H. I’m waiting too, although Love at the Christmas Table almost broke my resolve the other day 

Omg! Omg! Omg! This looks like the best movie ever made! Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

http://youtu.be/_aMZ37kiIKU

And it says the production company is The Asylum. Am I to understand the makers of Sharknado are now making Christmas movies?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

I’m trying to find movies that are at least generally about gratitude, generosity, family, and thankfulness.

FZjM.gif

• Like 8

First of all, Fast movies? Yes! That's a great idea!

Second, have any of you motherfuckers seen this?!?

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

@Cameron H. I’m waiting too, although Love at the Christmas Table almost broke my resolve the other day 

Is Danica Mckellar the queen of holiday themed, made for tv romance movies now? I saw she's done 9 Hallmark movies since 2015

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

I legit laughed out loud for 20 seconds from the title alone. 

• Like 1

@Cameron H. have you seen Dutch?  Might be a good Thanksgiving movie. I haven’t seen it since I was a kid, but I remember loving it. 

ETA: I’m a dumb dumb 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

@Cameron H. have you seen Dutch?  Might be a good Thanksgiving movie. I haven’t seen it since I was a kid, but I remember loving it. 

10 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Question for you all. Now that Halloween is over, I need a new theme for the movies I watch (because my life demands order). Since there aren’t that many Thanksgiving Movies - besides Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, Dutch, and the Charlie Brown and Garfield Specials - I’m trying to find movies that are at least generally about gratitude, generosity, family, and thankfulness. 

Damn, Tom, it’s like you don’t even read my posts anymore...😪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Well I know what I'm watching this holiday season

• Like 2