🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

200th Mini Retrospective Clip Show Spectacular!

Is it wrong how much I kind of love Paul getting my name wrong every time he reads it? I feel as special as actor/activist Ron Silva( but not a Republican asshole and far more interested in cats).  Like I get GENUINELY excited. Should I be worried that I find it so delightful? Am I really a Gig and not a Gigi?

• Like 4

@Cameron H. It's really not a Thanksgiving movie but every Thanksgiving my family used to watch A Christmas Story so to me Leg Lamps mean Thanksgiving. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, grudlian. said:

There's Hannah And Her Sisters and Alice's Restaurant. I haven't seen Pieces Of April but I know it takes place on Thanksgiving.

I know I enjoyed Pieces of April and I think it's possibly the only time I've found Katie Holmes bearable

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

Omg! Omg! Omg! This looks like the best movie ever made! Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

http://youtu.be/_aMZ37kiIKU

And it says the production company is The Asylum. Am I to understand the makers of Sharknado are now making Christmas movies?

If they make a Christmas movie about sharks I. Will. DIE !

• Like 3

14 hours ago, taylorannephoto said:

I can report as the person who works with Hallmark's posters that she is in just as many as every other go to star lol. I think Alicia Witt may even have her beat.

I'm pretty sure Lacey Chabert is the TRUE Christmas Tv Movie Queen

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gigitastic said:

If they make a Christmas movie about sharks I. Will. DIE !

Here's some concept art!

christmas_card___shark_kiss_by_zavraan-d

(Hopefully, that won't make you die. Maybe just, like, really, really sick :) )

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

Here's some concept art!

christmas_card___shark_kiss_by_zavraan-d

(Hopefully, that won't make you die. Maybe just, like, really, really sick :) )

I just squealed so loudly with joy I woke my cat up in the next room. This is EVERYTHING ! I honestly would use this as my Christmas card. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

Here it is.

Already in my queue... ;) 

• Like 2

It's hard to pick a favorite moment, but I really enjoyed the supercut of "Gooby", which mutated into "Gewby" and then "Gewpy". I almost printed up a "Gewby" T-shirt for a recent live show, with June's quote on the back, "I'm not upset that I saw Gewby". I may still do that!

• Like 1

On 11/3/2018 at 4:08 PM, Cameron H. said:

First of all, Fast movies? Yes! That's a great idea!

Second, have any of you motherfuckers seen this?!?

I need the gang to do this because I want to do Wig Talk.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Elektra Boogaloo said:

Paul, if you're reading this, this is all we want for Christmas this year... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

Paul, if you're reading this, this is all we want for Christmas this year... 

I say, should they do a Christmas movie, it should be 12 Dates Of Christmas. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, grudlian. said:

...or The Christmas Prince or Christmas Inheritance - which is one of my most popular reviews on Letterboxd. I described it as a "Rom-Com written by the Alt-Right."

• Like 2

Christmas Inheritance? How about Christmas Hereditary? A sequel to the hit horror film, starring Toni Collette's floating head?!?

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095be0c484695a39676b

As for movies with thankfulness and family as the overriding themes, how about Road House because I am just thankful that movie exists? I forgot to mention it in the Favorite Moments thread because... it's almost beyond mentioning, I love it so much. Thank fucking God that movie got made. I feel about it the way I want to feel about the Fast and Furious movies (because it's way way better).

• Like 4

2 hours ago, grudlian. said:

Comically, the past day or so, I've been reading "Dates" to mean the fruit.  It could have been a California Raisin knockoff holiday special.

3 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

...or The Christmas Prince or Christmas Inheritance - which is one of my most popular reviews on Letterboxd. I described it as a "Rom-Com written by the Alt-Right."

Which was the one with the inn keeper and the ghost?

• Like 1

Just now, Cam Bert said:

Which was the one with the inn keeper and the ghost?

I want to say it was The Christmas Ghost, but I would honestly have to double check that. 

On 11/5/2018 at 2:16 PM, Elektra Boogaloo said:

THAT WIG THO. This movie MUST be done. If not by the gang than we must do it ourselves. Maybe we can figure out a holiday movie day each week after Thanksgiving or something. Because we also need to talk about my favorite version of A Christmas Carol the ICONIC A Diva's Christmas Carol starring the one and only Vanessa Williams.  It is EVERYTHING. Kathy Griffin is the ghost of Christmas Past! I cannot stress enough how bonkers this thing is. 

• Like 2

Ok so are there any Hanukkah t.v.movies out there? I want to be inclusive in my garbage films. I know about 8 Crazy Nights, The Hebrew Hammer, and that one episode of the Rugrats but I can't think of a single made for tv Hanukkah film. Hollywood get on this! Let me have wacky romcoms that involve ust while  Person A helps Person B light the menorah. Show me how A is an uptight/ clumsy whatever who finally starts to learn to value family with a scene of them making Latkes with their grandparents recipe. Have them receive a present every night from a  secret  admirer! 

Give me something, anything I'm not picky!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gigitastic said:

Ok so are there any Hanukkah t.v.movies out there? I want to be inclusive in my garbage films. I know about 8 Crazy Nights, The Hebrew Hammer, and that one episode of the Rugrats but I can't think of a single made for tv Hanukkah film. Hollywood get on this! Let me have wacky romcoms that involve ust while  Person A helps Person B light the menorah. Show me how A is an uptight/ clumsy whatever who finally starts to learn to value family with a scene of them making Latkes with their grandparents recipe. Have them receive a present every night from a  secret  admirer! 

Give me something, anything I'm not picky!

I’d be happy to write one. I’m thinking either - Hannukkiss Me; My Menorah For Ya; Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel: A Hanukkah Fable.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

I’d be happy to write one. I’m thinking either - Hannukkiss Me; My Menorah For Ya; Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel: A Hanukkah Fable.

3 hours ago, tomspanks said:

A Matzo Made in Heaven

19 minutes ago, Quasar Sniffer said:

How about a 1980s-set coming of age film called 'Yamakama, Karma, Karma, Karma, Karma, Karma Chameleon'?

I love each and every one of these!!!!

How about Light My Menorah or maybe Love and Latkes? Perhaps Verklempt in Vermont (it would be about an advice columnist who is too busy working to take their own advice and find love. Or maybe dueling advice columnists forced to spend Hanukkah snowed in together in a romantic Vermont inn.)

• Like 3