🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

200th Mini Retrospective Clip Show Spectacular!

On 11/3/2018 at 4:27 AM, Cameron H. said:

Question for you all. Now that Halloween is over, I need a new theme for the movies I watch (because my life demands order). Since there aren’t that many Thanksgiving Movies - besides Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, Dutch, and the Charlie Brown and Garfield Specials - I’m trying to find movies that are at least generally about gratitude, generosity, family, and thankfulness. It’s more the theme that matters, not the genre.

I’ve never seen them, but I’ve already placed Eat, Pray, Love, Tyler Perry’s Family Reunion, and The Pursuit of Happiness in my queue. Can you all think of anything else/better?

Thanks, guys! I know I can count on you!

(Of course, I only need enough for a few weeks, because once T-giving is over [maybe even slightly before], I am 100% on the Hallmark Christmas movie train and I’ll be on that sucker for the rest of the year :) )

Babettes Feast is as perfect as a movie can get to trying to capture the essence of what Thanksgiving is supposed to be about. 

• Like 3

On 11/6/2018 at 2:28 PM, gigitastic said:

Ok so are there any Hanukkah t.v.movies out there? I want to be inclusive in my garbage films. I know about 8 Crazy Nights, The Hebrew Hammer, and that one episode of the Rugrats but I can't think of a single made for tv Hanukkah film. Hollywood get on this! Let me have wacky romcoms that involve ust while  Person A helps Person B light the menorah. Show me how A is an uptight/ clumsy whatever who finally starts to learn to value family with a scene of them making Latkes with their grandparents recipe. Have them receive a present every night from a  secret  admirer! 

Give me something, anything I'm not picky!

Theres that fuck awful movie where Ben Stiller and Ed Norton play a priest and a rabbi trying to sleep with the same girl. 

An American Tail and For Your Consideration are both fun too. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Ofcoursemyhorse said:

Babettes Feast is as perfect as a movie can get to trying to capture the essence of what Thanksgiving is supposed to be about. 

This movie has been on my watchlist forever!

Heh, I might have put nore effort into my post on the HDTGM200 thread had I known there was a chance it would get read on the minisode.