đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
What Were They Thinking

Live Shows Not Yet Posted

There are still live shows recorded quite a while ago that haven't gone up yet, right? I remember hearing that they did Swordfish, Van Helsing and (recently) Perfect Stranger. Am I missing any? Just surprised they're not up yet. I hope nothing went wrong during the recordings!

I imagine they’re just bottling them for the future. They might have filming coming up or just taking some time off for themselves for whatever reason. This way new content will still be released. 

• Like 1

Nah. I want to say they did something similar when June was expecting, but I might be misremembering. I do know there was a time (around Monkey Shines I want to say) when their release schedule wasn’t as consistent. Like, it would sometimes be a month between episodes. But since then, I don’t think they’ve missed a single week - partially I’m sure- to bottling episodes. 

Also, welcome to the boards :) 

2 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Nah. I want to say they did something similar when June was expecting, but I might be misremembering. I do know there was a time (around Monkey Shines I want to say) when their release schedule wasn’t as consistent. Like, it would sometimes be a month between episodes. But since then, I don’t think they’ve missed a single week - partially I’m sure- to bottling episodes. 

They took a couple weeks off after June and Paul's most recent kid was born I believe. Everything else you said is how I remember it (for whatever my memory is worth).

Paul just mentioned during the 200th celebration episode that he'll be going to Japan in December so I imagine a lot of eps are going to be released during that time too.

Last year I went to a taping in December and it didn't come out until like May, I think?  It was ages.  Also when it did come out, it was a bonus ep so I dunno what's up with that one.

On 11/16/2018 at 5:33 PM, Cameron H. said:

That was around the time of Tiptoes, they would bounced between 3-4 weeks due to scheduling, any other time there hasn't been a down time so much as something like the Howdies are put in place to create a break, as they are just a clip show, or the Disaster Artist episode which is just The Room episode with new interviews at the end.

Perfect Stranger is gonna be up this week, which will hopefully be followed by another Halle Berry movie in Swordfish, which will hopefully be followed by another Hugh Jackman movie in Van Helsing!

• Like 1

Who were the guests for the Swordfish and Van Helsing tapings? Any upcoming projects by said guests to tie the release of the episodes to?

I know I posted a while ago about the same thing but now it's been such a long time and still no sign of the Swordfish or Van Helsing episodes from ages ago. I really hope we're not headed for another Valerian behind the paywall situation. 

On 1/11/2019 at 12:50 AM, Royboy said:

Who were the guests for the Swordfish and Van Helsing tapings? Any upcoming projects by said guests to tie the release of the episodes to?

Don Cheadle, who is in Black Monday with Paul, was in Swordfish but no one in Van Helsing jumps out at me.

On 2/10/2019 at 4:05 AM, What Were They Thinking said:

I know I posted a while ago about the same thing but now it's been such a long time and still no sign of the Swordfish or Van Helsing episodes from ages ago. I really hope we're not headed for another Valerian behind the paywall situation. 

I still think they’re holding them back. By Paul’s admission, even the recent “in studio” episodes recently were taped awhile ago.   Cellular was done back in November, and while he didn’t say when, Paul said they recorded Little Italy some time ago.

Without getting too deep with the speculation, I would guess one or more of them plan on being busy for awhile and they’re stockpiling episodes so there’s no lull in the content. For example, I don’t know how large Zouks’ role is in John Wick 3, but maybe he needs to do promotion and won’t be available. Or, maybe more likely, Paul has something coming down the pipe. I mean, they’ve done episodes without Jason and June (at the same time even), but if Paul isn’t around, I doubt Jason and June would record an episode.

Honestly, I wouldn’t worry about it. Unless something got messed up in the actually recording (worse even than Top Dog and Theodore Rex) I’m sure they’ll be released someday. And I doubt it will be through Stitcher Premium. The only reason Valerian was exclusive is because it was part of a festival. As cool as they’ve been about rotating their back catalogue from behind the paywall, I seriously doubt that they’re going to start holding back live episodes just for subscribers. That’s never been their style.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

I still think they’re holding them back. By Paul’s admission, even the recent “in studio” episodes recently were taped awhile ago.   Cellular was done back in November, and while he didn’t say when, Paul said they recorded Little Italy some time ago.

Without getting too deep with the speculation, I would guess one or more of them plan on being busy for awhile and they’re stockpiling episodes so there’s no lull in the content. For example, I don’t know how large Zouks’ role is in John Wick 3, but maybe he needs to do promotion and won’t be available. Or, maybe more likely, Paul has something coming down the pipe. I mean, they’ve done episodes without Jason and June (at the same time even), but if Paul isn’t around, I doubt Jason and June would record an episode.

Honestly, I wouldn’t worry about it. Unless something got messed up in the actually recording (worse even than Top Dog and Theodore Rex) I’m sure they’ll be released someday. And I doubt it will be through Stitcher Premium. The only reason Valerian was exclusive is because it was part of a festival. As cool as they’ve been about rotating their back catalogue from behind the paywall, I seriously doubt that they’re going to start holding back live episodes just for subscribers. That’s never been their style.

I think Little Italy was recorded mid-October or November. They mention it getting released "weeks ago" and "this year". There was something else that really put it into that period for me. So, they are definitely working through a stockpile.

8 hours ago, grudlian. said:

I think Little Italy was recorded mid-October or November. They mention it getting released "weeks ago" and "this year". There was something else that really put it into that period for me. So, they are definitely working through a stockpile.

I’m almost positive there was a comment made in the show that indicated they recorded it on Halloween.

On 3/8/2019 at 2:59 AM, What Were They Thinking said:

It's just weird now that their last episode and the upcoming one were very recent live shows and they haven't released the ones from last year yet. 

I'm starting to think we're never going to hear Van Helsing and Swordfish. There must be some reason they aren't releasing them.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:46 AM, hotironskillet said:

I'm starting to think we're never going to hear Van Helsing and Swordfish. There must be some reason they aren't releasing them.

Scientology strikes again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, EvRobert said:

Did I somehow miss their Valerian episode?

That's a Stitcher Premium only unfortunately. Because it was part of a podcast festival they never released it from behind the paywall.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, EvRobert said:

Did I somehow miss their Valerian episode?

It’s only available on Stitcher Premium under the Pee Cast Blast festival banner. I haven’t listened to it since it came out, but I remember it being really good. Doug Benson was the guest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taylorannephoto said:

That's a Stitcher Premium only unfortunately. Because it was part of a podcast festival they never released it from behind the paywall.

Damn. We were, like, spot on with our replies - lol

12 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Damn. We were, like, spot on with our replies - lol

well that makes sense then. I've been resisting pulling the trigger on Stitcher Premium (again) but I may have to

• Like 1