🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
sarahride

New Forum Format

I love that we can have profile photos and signatures and such! What do you guys think?

Now let's get some more folks on board....(didnt even try with that pun. I'm just that good).

The colors are kinda whacky. Quote and Multi-quote buttons are unreadable because of the color combo.

it's still being worked on. the buttons will be addressed. any feedback is appreciated!

• Like 1

If anyone is having trouble getting an avatar to upload, try setting it to exactly square. Mine was accidentally 300x301 and it was giving me fits.

I'm really digging the fact I can see you folks & your beautiful faces finally...makes it like there's actually a human discussion going on, not just words from pictureless things. =)

I really like what you've done with the place Earwolf.

When's the housewarming?

Hey, I'm trying to do a listing game in which I think everyone would enjoy and would make for a fun time. The basic idea is that I'm trying to compile a list everyone's favourite comedies of the year (from every medium including TV movies and podcasting) I hope someone is interested in taking part (I brought it up about a month ago, but no bites yet):

http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/5469-best-of-comedy-2011-you-decide-please-take-part/page__view__findpost__p__25849

Also, do you think we'll see a game board and more things like TV and movie boards down the line when there's enough board members.

And personally, I don't mind starting over.

The new forum looks great guys! I have always liked the look of the Earwolf site and forums but the combination of white text on the dark gray background was very hard on the eyes after a few minutes. This is much easier to look at for extended periods of time and doesn't mess your eyes up when you switch to a page with a white background and dark text. Nice work. Thanks!

... but the combination of white text on the dark gray background was very hard on the eyes after a few minutes. This is much easier to look at for extended periods of time and doesn't mess your eyes up when you switch to a page with a white background and dark text.

I found the opposite, the higher contrast of white on darker grey was noticably easier on me.

Overall I like the changes though!

The white text on dark vs black on light thing is never going to make everybody happy.

For me white text on a dark background is easier on the eyes because there's so much less light flooding out of the screen but I've heard several other people say it's harder on their eyes than the glare of a white background.

If I didn't know any better I'd think not all humans are the same or something.

Just a heads up for whoever is doing the work on the forums, the icons to the left of each thread are broken images for me. Also the quote box color and the text color are both too similiar. I'm sure you guys already know this but I thought I'd bring it up anyway.

In my opinion, the old color scheme worked best with the dark gray background and the white text. But whatever's fine.

Either the text background got slightly darker, or I'm just looking at my monitor at a slightly different angle :P But either way it seems perfect now, for me anyways :)

Edit: Also added you to friends Dustin, and noticed the "add this person to friends" button and two buttons beside it are unreadable. Cheers!

Sign in to follow this