🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 28 — Director's Edition: Crank

We can never talk enough about Crank and Crank 2. Fortunately we found someone just as excited about the movies to chat with us: Brian Taylor, the co-writer/director of the franchise. He joins Paul and Jason to tell us about Bai Ling's improvising, Jason Statham's secret comedic prowess, and what that mysterious underwear stain really was. As if that wasn't enough, he brings us the inside scoop from working with Nic Cage. We are proud to welcome Brian this week for latest HDTGM Director's Edition!

Wow, this episode is fantastic! Brian was a great guest, and super interesting. Loved his insider info on working with Jason Statham and Nicolas Cage. I really hope you have him back again to talk about Ghost Rider 2.

Ok Brian is seriously awesome. Great podcast gang! And my question was asked! thanks!

Great podcast but horse races are not all female. Some races are for only females horses, I'm sure that is what was going on that day when they shot at the racetrack.

gonna pretend to work for the next hour, but listen to this instead.

court documents don't have deadlines, right?

Great episode-I am going to try to organize a Crank-a-thon viewing soon! So glad you mentioned Patton's insanely brilliant soundtrack-keep up the great work! BTW I am also catching up on The League, Paul, and it has been keeping me laughing after long days of work :D

So, are we to assume that all 10 of those pictures won?

there are actually 12 posters now - 2 were added in at the buzzer.

HERE ARE THE TOP 3!

#3 - ROBERT BYRD

hdtgm2.png

#2 - MEL SANCHEZCrank-Poster_MSanchez-fixed.jpg

#1 - WILL OWEN

crank-painting_WillOwen_v4-fixed.jpg

• Like 4

Maynard James Keenan from TOOL was in Crank 2 as the guy using the electric dog collar on Statham, If you get Brian back bring it up! Great podcast as always.

What an incredible episode. Brian was really entertaining and had great things to say about all your questions. I can't wait for Crank 3!! (if we ALL just fantasize about a world where there is a third Crank....we may get our dreams to come true).

I'm still wondering what "Chicken... and brocolli..." is all about.

There was a "Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash," it was just done in comic book form. It picked up a couple months after Freddy vs. Jason where the characters who lived through that go back to Crystal Lake to make sure Jason is dead. They die in the first couple of pages and it then moves on to Freddy trying to get back into power and Ash thinks Jason is a Deaddite. The book was popular enough to have a sequel which had cameos from a bunch of survivors from both Friday the 13th and Elm Street movies.

When Brian Taylor comes back for Crank 3 I hope you ask him about my favorite line from Crank 1.

It happens after Eve (Amy Smart) learns that her boyfriend is a psycho murderer and witnesses him shooting up a room full of people. Right after that last guy falls dead right in front of her, she steps over him and says

"Oh shit... I forgot to take my birth control pills."

I was laughing so hard at that line, it was so crazy. And the part where Jason Statham just chucks that taxi driver on the floor and yells "Al Qaeda!" and the yuppie people having lunch just start beating him.

I loved getting the inside scoop on the movies but I do kind of wish you had talked more in detail about Crank 1 like you usually do because there was so much insanity in this one.

Love the podcast.

Sign in to follow this